Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Orphaned friends on Friends tab in iPad app (0.7.2)

Orphaned friends on Friends tab in iPad app (0.7.2)

I'm confused by how the old system of Spotify "friends" has been replaced by "followers/following" and now have an orphaned friend.

Several years ago I became "friends" with a particular user.  He still shows up in the Friends tab in the Spotify iPad app (0.7.2).  However I do not subscribe to any of his playlists nor am I following him.  I do not know his username and am therefore unable to find him in order to "follow" him in Spotify Windows application (0.9.1).  I also cannot delete him as a Spotify "friend" as there appears to be no way to do this in the iPad app.  (NB - I have never linked my Spotify and Facebook accounts.)

Four questions:

(1) What has happened to old-style Spotify "friends" in the transition to "followers/following"?  (Are linkages still active?  Do they have permissions to see any of my content or playlists?)

(2) How can I convert my old-style Spotify "friends" into people that I "follow" on Spotify"?  (NB - I don't know the Spotify username and have not linked my account using Facebook.)

(3) How can I delete old-style Spotify "friends"?

(4) When will "followers/following" become available on the iPad app?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

0 Replies

Suggested posts