Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Error code 5600 bartender failed Discover Page

I am receiving the following error for ios 6.1.4 iphone 5 with Spotify client 0.6.4.2 core v0.0.0.999 whenever I try to access the Discover tab - http://imageshack.us/a/img191/7554/oazp.jpg . Reinstalling the program did not resolve the issue.

• I am receiving the following error for ios 6.1.4 iphone 5 with Spotify client 0.6.4.2 core v0.0.0.999 whenever I try to access the Discover tab - http://imageshack.us/a/img191/7554/oazp.jpg . Reinsta...
  • Jamie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error 5600 com.spotify.hermes bartender
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I have to pay for premium iphone app when i already subscribe to premium?

Why do I have to pay for the spotify premium app for my iPhone when I already subscribe to a premium account? I already have spotify on my desktop and on my ipad and I never had to pay for any software then. I just installed logged in with my spotify...

• Why do I have to pay for the spotify premium app for my iPhone when I already subscribe to a premium account? I already have spotify on my desktop and on my ipad and I never had to pay for any softw...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums auto-expand to show tracklist - Annoying!

On the iPad if you select an artist you get a nice window coming in from the right that shows all the albums. Nice, right? Except, as you scroll down through the albums, they expand out to show the tracklist, so that if you're trying to get to the bo...

• On the iPad if you select an artist you get a nice window coming in from the right that shows all the albums. Nice, right?    Except, as you scroll down through the albums, they expand ...
  • Alexlotl
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Thanks spotify

Just wanted to say thanks, I love how I have to have a Facebook to log in because you won't accept my username ever, I love that my radio doesn't play half my stations and I love being a paid user that can't get any customer support. F u spotify I'm ...

• Visitor
  • Just wanted to say thanks, I love how I have to have a Facebook to log in because you won't accept my username ever, I love that my radio doesn't play half my stations and I love being a paid user th...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Iphone not showing up in devices and music not syncing

I have spotify premium and a new iPhone 5 and I synced some of my playlists from spotify. Then I plugged my iPhone in and it synced with iTunes. Now when I plug my iPhone in it automatically syncs with iTunes and does not show up in spotify. What do ...

• I have spotify premium and a new iPhone 5 and I synced some of my playlists from spotify. Then I plugged my iPhone in and it synced with iTunes. Now when I plug my iPhone in it automatically syncs wi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch stopped syncing and Orange ! symbol near tracks

Hi guys my iPod Touch 5th Gen stopped syncing files, and now displays a round orange circle with an ! (exclamaiton mark) in it near all unsycned tracks. any ideas what the problem is?? thanks

• Regular
  • Hi guys   my iPod Touch 5th Gen stopped syncing files, and now displays a round orange circle with an ! (exclamaiton mark) in it near all unsycned tracks.   any ideas what the probl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPhone has only synced 279 out of 760 songs..when trying to use offline,I have enough memory?

Hi I have synced 279 songs out of 760 when offline.....I have enough memory on my phone...I have tried deleting the app and starting again....call me lazy but I dont fancy reading thou 2500 posts trying to find the answer....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have synced 279 songs out of 760 when offline.....I have enough memory on my phone...I have tried deleting  the app and starting again....call me lazy but I dont fancy reading thou 250...
  • Disco35
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify! What a load of rubbish!

It doesnt sync unless you its the whole libray. So you manually sync but theres no where to start the sync! I cant see it anyway! I cant check whats on my ipod! i have to disconnect and then plug in to listen to whats there and then... Its just one s...

• Casual Listener
  • It doesnt sync unless you its the whole libray. So you manually sync but theres no where to start the sync! I cant see it anyway! I cant check whats on my ipod! i have to disconnect and then plug...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! i cant sync from spotify to my iPod!!!!!

Am i being a total thick head here or what! I cant use this thing because i dont have an sd card and now i cant put music on my ipod shuffle. I just dont know what to do! theres no instructions! theres a green downwards arrow by the playlist in spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Am i being a total thick head here or what! I cant use this thing because i dont have an sd card and now i cant put music on my ipod shuffle. I just dont know what to do! theres no instructions! th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all music on my Ipod after a sync

Hi, After made a sync (asking for a back-up) between my I pod and spotify, I have lost all my music store in my ipod. I have found a file name "storage" on my pc, but all of these file are not mp3 Could you tell me where this backup has been store? H...

• Hi,   After made a sync (asking for a back-up) between my I pod and spotify, I have lost all my music store in my ipod. I have found a file name "storage" on my pc, but all of these file a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont spotify APP import my itunes library?

I've got a bunch of songs in my iTunes library on my iPhone and my Spotify APP is not importing them. They'll play on my Macbook Air, but not on my iPhone APP. The songs are greyed out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• I've got a bunch of songs in my iTunes library on my iPhone and my Spotify APP is not importing them. They'll play on my Macbook Air, but not on my iPhone APP.   The songs are greyed out. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPad app is only a radio player? Why?

I am very happy with the Spotify app on my MacBook, so I was happy to see an app for my new iPad. But now I've found that the app only functions as a radio - and only an average one at that. I can't play my several playlists or search for and play sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I am very happy with the Spotify app on my MacBook, so I was happy to see an app for my new iPad. But now I've found that the app only functions as a radio - and only an average one at that. I can't ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Uninstall
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Possible to authorize mobile device INSTEAD of laptop with Unlimited subscription?

Hello - I have an unlimited subscription, thinking that it would allow me to listen to my playlists on my mobile device (which is what I normally use for music). Can I authorize only my iPhone for the unlimited subscription, still limiting me to one ...

• Hello - I have an unlimited subscription, thinking that it would allow me to listen to my playlists on my mobile device (which is what I normally use for music).  Can I authorize only my iPhone ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access premium

Hi- I got a new iPhone 5 and uploaded spotify- I have tried everything from re downloading , downloading premium directly off the website and rebooting the app, etc. what else can I do? I have month to month payments for premium currently- thanks in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- I got a new iPhone 5 and uploaded spotify- I have tried everything from re downloading , downloading premium directly off the website and rebooting the app, etc. what else can I do? I have month ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Working on one android, but not on iPhone 5

I have has spotify premium for sometime now, and my wife also used it on her iPhone 4. She just upgraded to the 5 and downloaded the app, but now spotify won't work! It works fine on my Samsung galaxy s4. Now sure what the problem is but it's super f...

• Visitor
  • I have has spotify premium for sometime now, and my wife also used it on her iPhone 4. She just upgraded to the 5 and downloaded the app, but now spotify won't work! It works fine on my Samsung galax...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device connection/sync problems

My ipod wont seem to connect to spotify and show in the devices list. I kept ejecting and reconnecting it and shutting down Itunes but that doesn't seem to help. I have also reinstalled spotify. Any suggestions please?

• My ipod wont seem to connect to spotify and show in the devices list. I kept ejecting and reconnecting it and shutting down Itunes but that doesn't seem to help. I have also reinstalled spotify. Any ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems rearranging playlist.

I can no longer rearrange the spotify playlist on my iphone, why? It started being like that after the last update.

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer rearrange the spotify playlist on my iphone, why? It started being like that after the last update.
  • Wonderboy75
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist freezing and not playing

On my iPad one of my playlist keeps freezing. I can't scroll through the songs or skip, it won't let me do anything. Then it only plays one song from the playlist and stops. I've tried powering down my iPad but that doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPad one of my playlist keeps freezing. I can't scroll through the songs or skip, it won't let me do anything. Then it only plays one song from the playlist and stops. I've tried powering do...
  • Jpinon28
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

can't get songs to download to offline

it just shows a spinning thinking circle... forever. and ever. I have premium. and I've tried stopping the sync, flipping it back on, closing app, downloading only a one song playlist.. nothing works. please help. this is taking much value out of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • it just shows a spinning thinking circle... forever. and ever. I have premium. and I've tried stopping the sync, flipping it back on, closing app, downloading only a one song playlist.. nothing works...
  • Jenholdren
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Either song has a problem or local copy is corrupted.

When i play Pink Floyd's Pigs (Three Different Ones) off of animals, about 1:20 in or so it cosistently says unable to play track. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the app??

• Visitor
  • When i play Pink Floyd's Pigs (Three Different Ones) off of animals, about 1:20 in or so it cosistently says unable to play track. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the app??
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes