Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

why spotify syncing so low on my iphone?

I have iphone 5 with spotify , and I'm syncing the playlists to work on offline mode and it take so long..that's becuase i'm syncing on extreme quality?I'm syncing over wifi

• Gig Goer
  • I have iphone 5 with spotify , and I'm syncing the playlists to work on offline mode and it take so long.. that's becuase i'm syncing on extreme quality? I'm syncing over wifi
  • sabag123
  • Gig Goer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP PLEASE

I've had spotify for almost three month now as a premium user and it still says I have to be a premium user to listen to albums and sends me to radio! Please help or I will cancel subscription

• Regular
  • I've had spotify for almost three month now as a premium user and it still says I have to be a premium user to listen to albums and sends me to radio! Please help or I will cancel subscription
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art cropped on iPhone 4s

Guess the app is now designed for the iPhone 5 and its bigger screen but it would be nice for the album art to fit correctly without crop on the iPhone 4s. It cropps off both sides currently. Edit: Realised i had some album art outside of the usual f...

• Guess the app is now designed for the iPhone 5 and its bigger screen but it would be nice for the album art to fit correctly without crop on the iPhone 4s. It cropps off both sides currently.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Tracks Gone?

What happened to the top tracks? It looks like it was replaced with Discover, but why not just create a new tab?

• What happened to the top tracks? It looks like it was replaced with Discover, but why not just create a new tab? 
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dump the Spotify iOS app today.

The Tunigo iOS app is everything the Spotify app should (have) been. You can log on to Tunigo with your Spotify credentials and have access to everything the original Spotify iOS app has and more. Clear cache is just one. See for yourself.

• Casual Listener
  • The Tunigo iOS app is everything the Spotify app should (have) been.  You can log on to Tunigo with your Spotify credentials and have access to everything the original Spotify iOS app has and mo...
  • immts007
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Song pauses after a minute of play.

I'm fairly new at this, but all of a sudden my playlists stops playing after a minute into a song. If anybody has any ideas. I have an iPhone 4S and also the premium package.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm fairly new at this, but all of a sudden my playlists stops playing after a minute into a song. If anybody has any ideas. I have an iPhone 4S and also the premium package.
  • Philma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot update spotify for my iOS.5

I followed the instructions on the 'On which platform can I use Spotify' help guide question, based on a notification that Spotify would no longer be available on my platform in the coming months. I deleted Spotify from my computer and re-downloaded ...

• Casual Listener
  • I followed the instructions on the 'On which platform can I use Spotify' help guide question, based on a notification that Spotify would no longer be available on my platform in the coming months. I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad Searching Playlists

So recently when searching on the ipad I no longer received multiple options under the playlists section. Now I know that I did before, that was what I mainly was using the app for, I would search random keywords and browse the playlists, now I'm luc...

• So recently when searching on the ipad I no longer received multiple options under the playlists section.   Now I know that I did before, that was what I mainly was using the app for, I would ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad says I'm not premium member

When I login to my iPad it says trial is up. I'm a premium member. I have my playlist and premium options on my desktop and iPhone,, but my iPad wont let me use my account..

• Casual Listener
  • When I login to my iPad it says trial is up. I'm a premium member. I have my playlist and premium options on my desktop and iPhone,, but my iPad wont let me use my account..
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Account but not working on iPhone

Hi,I signed up for spotify premium a few days ago and so I'm still in the free 30 day trial. It was all working fine on the iPhone spotify app until this morning. Every time I try to play a song it says I need to be a premium user, I've checked my ac...

• Hi, I signed up for spotify premium a few days ago and so I'm still in the free 30 day trial. It was all working fine on the iPhone spotify app until this morning. Every time I try to play a song it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song pauses after a minute play!

I have been having a difficult time playing my playlist on my iPhone 4S for a day now but I have the premium service. The songs always stops playing after about a minute of play. I have reinstalled spotify but it is doing the same thing.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having a difficult time playing my playlist on my iPhone 4S for a day now but I have the premium service. The songs always stops playing after about a minute of play. I have reinstalled s...
  • Philma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone won't recognize Premium subscription

I have deleted and reinstalled app several times. I have deleted Facebook app. I have cleared all history in my Safari. I have turned off phone several times. I have verified that payment went through. I still can't access my playlists and my account...

• Casual Listener
  • I have deleted and reinstalled app several times. I have deleted Facebook app. I have cleared all history in my Safari. I have turned off phone several times. I have verified that payment went throug...
  • Powslayer562
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to send to others

I am unable to send tracks to my friends. I'm using iPhone 5 with version 0.6.4.2. The intended receiver simply sees nothing in their inbox. I was able to receive a track from one of the same people, however. Any ideas or help? Thanks!

• I am unable to send tracks to my friends. I'm using iPhone 5 with version 0.6.4.2. The intended receiver simply sees nothing in their inbox.   I was able to receive a track from one of the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading music vs. Offline Music - and how do you even use Spotify Premium?

Hello - I am looking for information on creating offline lists for Premium use, or what the Premium package even includes. Yes, it's a nice website with lots of giant pictures. But it is severly lacking in straight forward information. I have to scou...

• Regular
  • Hello - I am looking for information on creating offline lists for Premium use, or what the Premium package even includes.   Yes, it's a nice website with lots of giant pictures. But it is sev...
  • pbubblegum
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files don't sync if Spotify version unavailable

Ok so here is the problem: 1. Have a track in a playlist that is either no longer available on Spotify or in your region.2. Add that track as a local file and see that the PC spotify client plays the file instead of telling you the track is unavailab...

• Roadie
  • Ok so here is the problem:   1. Have a track in a playlist that is either no longer available on Spotify or in your region. 2. Add that track as a local file and see that the PC spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crutchfield is saying their receivers don't support Spotify over Bluetooth. Tell me it isn't so.

Crutchfield just told me that Spotify doesn't work over Bluetooth with the receivers they carry. I have a feeling they are wrong or aren't telling the whole story (i.e. can't guarantee it will work and don't want to deal with returns). I have an iPho...

• Casual Listener
  • Crutchfield just told me that Spotify doesn't work over Bluetooth with the receivers they carry.  I have a feeling they are wrong or aren't telling the whole story (i.e. can't guarantee it will ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App doesnt open after simcard change

DescriptionApp doesnt open after sim card change (and providor) and resett restore from itunes. It's just a flash of the window open and shut imedeatly. no login either A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. changed sim card2. made backu...

• Casual Listener
  • Description App doesnt open after sim card change (and providor) and resett restore from itunes. It's just a flash of the window open and shut imedeatly. no login either   A more detailed des...
  • Trickyheadmix
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music crashes after 8th track on every playlist when played on my iphone5

Hi. Am a spotify premium user and am playing my music through my iphone and usb connector into my car stereo. Every album, playlist etc the music does not allow me to play any tracks after the 8th track. When this happens I have to disconnect usb fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.  Am a spotify premium user and am playing my music through my iphone and usb connector into my car stereo.  Every album, playlist etc the music does not allow me to play any tracks afte...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble syncing offline playlists

Alltough I have Spotify premium, my playlists will not sync to my iphone so they are available offline. I have tried to reinstall the app and logged off and on, but this has not worked.I appreciate any tips!!

• Casual Listener
  • Alltough I have Spotify premium, my playlists will not sync to my iphone so they are available offline. I have tried to reinstall the app and logged off and on, but this has not worked. I apprecia...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes