Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE bring back A...Z on ios platform

PLEASE bring back A...Z on ios platform

So lots of folks hate the new UI on ios and with good reason, whatever, I don't think it's that much different, now it just takes longer to do everything -- and btw spotify I could give a **bleep** about podcasts I WANT TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC.  But the worst thing they COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE was remove the A...Z along the right side of the screen once you have albums loaded.  With that feature it was literaly 1 second to get to any artist/album in my collection.  Now my albums load and if I want to listen to anyone beyond C ... I have to swipe and swipe a n d  s w i p e   a  n  d   s   w    i    p     e        -- it is literally like they broke this part of the inteface.  PLEASE BRING BACK A...Z ALONG THE RIGHT SIDE.  Loading albums view does not seem like an unusual way to want to look at your catalogue, or songs or artists.  I just can't imagine how they could have removed this -- it's like the testers were using libraries with 20 albums by 15 artists.  Honestly this was bad enough to send me to Apple music for a free trial, and I am a LONG TERM SPOTIFY PREMIUM USER who converted to PREMIUM a long time ago, but I can't stomach this backwards move for NO GAIN AT ALL.  Hey spotify, fire half your developers and give the freaking money to the **bleep** artists!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

latest iOS

3 Replies

100%, what a silly thing to remove. I'm a huge album listener and use the albums under my library 100% of the time.  If I have to scroll endlessly from top to bottom any longer, I might actually go insane. PLEASE BRING IT BACK GUYS!

THEY DID IT -- THEY DID IT !!!!   THEY BROUGHT BACK THE A...Z ON ALBUMS AND ARTISTS ON IOS!

THANK YOU SPOTIFY AND KUDOS FOR LISTENING!

Good news! In a recent iOS update, the alphabetical quick scroll bar is back in the Artist and Album sections. To see it make sure you have those section sorted alphabetically. If you don't see it yet make sure your app is up to date and you should see it soon.

How to sort:

https://support.spotify.com/article/sorting-and-filtering/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts