Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone calls won't come in while playing Spotify

Phone calls won't come in while playing Spotify

I've had two incidents with this. I'll be listening to music on Spotify then I'll get a notification of a voicemail. But I never heard a call come in.
11 Replies

Hey @tyler50, help's here!

That's weird; could you let us know what model of iPhone you have, and what iOS version it's running?

We'd also like to know what version of the app you have. If either your iOS or app version need updating, we'd strongly suggest doing those updates at this stage.

When the calls allegedly came in, had you been listening via earphones, or streaming directly from phone, or via Connect? It'd be useful to know if the callers mentioned to you whether or not their calls went straight to voicemail, or if it rang for them.

Keep us posted!

I have an iPhone 7 that's on the latest iOS 10 update. I have the latest update for Spotify. And I had my earbuds plugged in.

I also have the same phone and all is updated and have the same problem. I have had it with both txt and calls.. ear buds in and know head phones

This is still occurring on iOS 15.1.1 on my iPhone 13 Mini.

Spotify premium 8.6.84.1353

Happens if Spotify app is

- running full screen but not playing music

- running full screen and playing music (Bluetooth and speakers with Bluetooth disabled)

- running in the background and playing music

Call waiting is enabled but SMS alerts and Call alerts don’t display and call is immediately rejected, other party sees as though your phone is “busy”.

I’ve enabled and disabled DND and physical silence toggle on device and behaviour is the same no matter what.

Hey @choosh,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This will clear all app data and assure you're running the latest app version.

If that doesn't help, go to your phone's Notifications settings and check whether calls and alerts are always enabled.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is actually a new phone, Spotify installed fresh, though it was the
same on my iPhone X previously.

Yes, call settings and notifications all checked.

As you can see from my previous post, calls come through just fine if
Spotify is in the background not playing music, or not open.

Hey @choosh,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check if you can receive calls when you have other media apps open and playing?

This will help us investigate this matter further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

It’s now August 2022. My Samsung 20:is not ringing either when spotify is playing. What can I do? I need to hear the phone 

Hey @Vernon2,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This seems related to some notification settings on your phone. Could you check that? Also check if other media apps behave the same on the phone.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I had this happen to me yesterday, I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I listened to music in the background, no earbuds. Two times the music was paused but no call came through. It was an important call too ☹️

Hey @Prometheus42,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear this has happened. We'll do our best to help.

As a first step, can you please let us know if you've checked the settings mentioned in the previous comments? Send us also your OS and Spotify version so we can investigate further.

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts