Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play all songs from an artist in local files

Play all songs from an artist in local files

Spotify's playlists are really great and that's one of the reasons why I can't let it go despite having apple music. So I've decided to transfer all my music to spotify. My problem is that if I want to play all the songs from an artist, in what way could I do that? (Since all local files are just saved in a single playlist)
5 Replies

@eduard_bascon

Create a new playlist just with the songs from that specific artist. That's what I do, so I can change the order of the songs.

Just go the the Local Files section of your music, sort them by Artist and select all the tracks you want for your new playlist.

Right click to add the to a New Playlist.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

To add to @osornios suggestion, what I like to do for my local files is set up a folder with "albums" as playlists for each local artist that Spotify doesn't have.

To use an obvious example - I make a folder for Taylor Swift, then within that folder I create a playlist for each of her albums that I have in my local files. Helps keep things organized!

Thanks @osornios and @mdewater I'm going to do this right now. But is this the only way, say I have a lot of songs around 3000. It's going to be tedious altough pretty sure it will be worth.

@eduard_bascon

I also wanted to suggest the use of Command-F (or Ctrl + F) to input a filter (artist, album, etc) in the Local Files.

A practical solution, but less permanent.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@osornios thank you so much!

Suggested posts