Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Played something on my phone and my ipad syncs - how to turn of?

Played something on my phone and my ipad syncs - how to turn of?

Since a few days I expirience a behaviour that is new to me.

When played an Album on my phone, my ipad syncs to the same last played song on my phone and vice versa.

I use my phone to listen to Audiobooks while on my way from and to work and my ipda to listen to music while at work.

So If I listen to music at work, this is synced back to my phone and I loose the point where I stopped listening to the audio book.

This behaviour is new to me and has not happened befor. I don‘t know if this is a new feature or not. I have not changed settings to my knowledge.

Question: How can I turn this of?

I want to listen to different things on my phone and my ipad and dont want to have it synced.

Thanks

Stefan

1 Reply

Since a Spotify membership is intended to be for one and only one individual, they have enabled cross-device syncing of your listening content. In many cases, this allows one to continue the listening experience on another device from where they left off seamlessly!

This feature, to my knowledge, cannot be disabled in the current version, but it can be "bypassed" if you have a premium subscription. You could download your audiobooks to your iPad and place it in "offline mode" to prevent the device from syncing to the Spotify servers and obtaining the listening position of your phone. This, of course, does have some drawbacks, for example, you would have to disable offline mode to search and download new books, but would achieve the desired effect. 

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts