Playlist Title Disappearing

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone Xs

My Question or Issue

For the past few months, whenever I have created a new playlist, the playlist title is sometimes missing from the "Your Library" tab of the Spotify app.

For example, I create monthly playlists of the songs I listen to, and for the past year, the app has worked pretty much perfectly. However, for the playlist I created for September 2020, the playlist image appears, the green downloaded symbol appears, and my username appears, yet the actual title of the playlist is missing from the screen that displays all of my available playlists. Furthermore, the title of my September playlist also doesn't appear when I click on it to view the songs, with once again, only the playlist image, and song count appearing at the top (Where the title should also be located)

Lastly, this hasn't been a one-off either, as it just recently has happened again when I made a playlist earlier today.

I have attempted redownloading the app, logging in and out of my account, and restarting my phone, none of which have been able to fix the issue.

Is there already a message somewhere I could be directed to that would help me solve this issue? and if not, I would love it if this could be a part of Spotify's radar when they release their next set of bug fixes.

Thank you for any help,

Nolan

*I have included images of: A) My playlist tab with missing titles B) An open playlist with a missing title C) An example of where the title is missing from

IMG_3950.PNG
IMG_3951.PNG
IMG_3952.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

While trying to update the playlist name on my laptop, it would allow me to edit the name, yet despite what I changed it to, would still remain blank.

The option to create a new playlist, and transfer all my songs, however, worked perfectly, with the only difference between the original and the copy being the date showing when the songs were added (for obvious reasons)

However, the obvious solution of just editing the playlist name on my phone, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't think of trying until your previous reply (as I had always immediately gone to my laptop to troubleshoot).

Yet, this act of editing the playlist name on my phone ended up solving my issue completely, and is what I should have originally started with.

Thank you for all your help

Nolan

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @NolanK,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

Just to double-check, did you already try a clean reinstall of the app (as opposed to a quick one) together with restarting your iPhone?

If there's any temporary error, following those steps should do the trick. It'd be great if you also make sure you're on the latest iOS version (14.2) before testing this again.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have, yes. After completing a clean reinstall, and verifying that my iPhone was updated to the latest IOS, the issue is still occurring.

I did out of curiosity log into a friend's iPhone (XR, also updated to IOS 14.2) and the problem carried over. Where even on their phone, the playlist names weren't showing up when logged into my account and viewing my music.

Thank you for any continued help

Thanks for getting back to us @NolanK!

What happens if you try updating the name of the playlist? Are you given the option and are you able to save the info you've entered?

We'd recommend giving this a try on a different device than your phone to see if that makes a difference.

We can also suggest creating a new playlist to see if you're able to name it, and if you are, you can copy all the songs you want to it. You can select all songs them on our desktop version by clicking the Cmnd/Ctrl+A keys.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Marked as solution

While trying to update the playlist name on my laptop, it would allow me to edit the name, yet despite what I changed it to, would still remain blank.

The option to create a new playlist, and transfer all my songs, however, worked perfectly, with the only difference between the original and the copy being the date showing when the songs were added (for obvious reasons)

However, the obvious solution of just editing the playlist name on my phone, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't think of trying until your previous reply (as I had always immediately gone to my laptop to troubleshoot).

Yet, this act of editing the playlist name on my phone ended up solving my issue completely, and is what I should have originally started with.

Thank you for all your help

Nolan

Hi there @NolanK,

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

This will definitely help other other users who come across this thread.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need more help. 

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

Hello, I seem to be having the same issue. Myself and 2 friends share a playlist and the name keeps disappearing. We've edited the name it happens again. Aside from all 3 of us doing clean reinstall and creating a new playlist, is there anything else we can do?

Hey @MoonFlower430,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

To continue investigating your case, would you mind confirming if the playlist tittle contains any special characters or emoji? If not, make sure to delete any space at the beginning or end of the title to see if it makes any difference.

It would also be great if you could include the URI of the playlist that is having the issue to take a better look.

Lastly, let us know the make, model and OS version of some of the devices, along with the Spotify version you're currently running after the clean reinstall.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hi Alex.

This is also happening to me. And bottom line is, the above "fix" is not a fix. The reality is this shouldn't be happening in the first place. It's now happening to 4 of my playlist which I have no idea the names of any more because I have many playlists.

I would appreciate if Spotify could figure out why this is happening.

Hey Oscar. This is also happening to me. 4 of my playlists are now blank. Has Spotify solved this issue? 

Everything is up to date. I uninstalled, reinstalled. No special characters.

Hey @nathanm88,

Have the cover images disappeared as well? If yes, you playlists may be getting reported by someone.

It could also be a good idea to check your account for internal errors as well (corrupted cache on Spotify's end, etc.).
This could cause the abovementioned behaviour but can only be looked at by support as we don't have access to your accounts from the forum.

You can reach out to our support folks via this link 🙂

Keep us posted!

VasilModerator

I am also having this problem. Every new playlist I make- the title goes blank. Have done clean reset and above recommendations. What happens is the name appears right after I name the playlist, but the next time I open it the title disappears. I had some images removed from playlists bc of copyright months ago- could that be an issue?

this is incredibly frustrating as it’s been almost 2 years since I’ve been able to name a playlist. I enjoy Spotify premium but I can’t in good conscience continue to pay for a service that doesn’t work right.

this happened to me, and the only reason I could find is because someone else created a playlist with the exact name. I re-entered the title on mine, and the other person’s disappeared. Overnight, they must’ve changed it back because mine had disappeared again. I added two asterisks on either side of my title, and that seemed to fix it. But this is a serious bug. My playlist has over 25k likes, and it was suddenly unsearchable. 

Suggested posts