NEXT STEP

Playlist behaving as though Enhance is enabled when it isn't

Solved!

Playlist behaving as though Enhance is enabled when it isn't

Plan: Premium Individual

Device: iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System: iOS 16.3.1

My Question or Issue:

One of my playlists is behaving as though Enhance is switched on even though it isn't. There aren't any additional recommended tracks listed in the playlist but it keeps interjecting related tracks when I'm listening. I usually have to select 'next track' a couple of times to get back to playing the tracks that are actually in the list.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hiya uxian, it's possible that the related tracks that are being played in your playlist are part of a feature called "Autoplay". Autoplay is a feature that automatically plays similar tracks after a playlist or album has finished.

To turn off Autoplay in your playlist, follow these steps:

1. Open the playlist that's giving you trouble.
  2. Click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Playback Settings" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Turn off the switch for "Autoplay".

This should stop any additional tracks from being played after your playlist has finished. If you're still experiencing the same issue even after turning off Autoplay, try clearing your cache or refreshing the page. If the problem persists, it's possible that there is a technical issue with the app or website.

Let me know what comes it,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hiya uxian, it's possible that the related tracks that are being played in your playlist are part of a feature called "Autoplay". Autoplay is a feature that automatically plays similar tracks after a playlist or album has finished.

To turn off Autoplay in your playlist, follow these steps:

1. Open the playlist that's giving you trouble.
  2. Click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Playback Settings" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Turn off the switch for "Autoplay".

This should stop any additional tracks from being played after your playlist has finished. If you're still experiencing the same issue even after turning off Autoplay, try clearing your cache or refreshing the page. If the problem persists, it's possible that there is a technical issue with the app or website.

Let me know what comes it,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. It was a combination of this and the fact that my playlist wasn't on repeat when I thought I'd enabled it. The only remaining annoyance is that trying to play the playlist again doesn't take it out of 'suggested tracks' mode - I have to select another playlist first and then select this playlist again.

Suggested posts