NEXT STEP

Playlist on iPhone not the same as on Mac

Playlist on iPhone not the same as on Mac

Premium

USA

Device: iPhone 6s (13.6)

Device: MacBook Pro (10.14.6)

My Question or Issue

When I initially signed up, Spotify must have synched with iTunes and created a sub-menu in playlists called "iTunes", within which is a dropdown than contains playlists that were pulled from from my iTunes app.

On my Macbook, these playlists are complete and exactly reflect the playlists from iTunes. On my phone however, these playlists are incomplete.

In other words:

On iPhone > iTunes playlist A contains 100 songs

On MacBook > iTunes playlist A contains 100 songs

On MacBook Spotify>Playlists>iTunes playlist A also contains 100 songs

But on iPhone Spotify>Playlists>iTunes playlist A contains only 20 out of the 100 songs

6 Replies

Hey there @RD10004,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

It seems that those iTunes files were imported to Spotify as Local Files. In order to have those files on your iPhone, you must follow the steps in this article. Keep in mind that the files must be on a supported format and not DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. You can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello Carlos,

Thanks so much for your note!
Really appreciate your expertise.
I think the answer is something unobvious but simple.

Just to clarify again, the songs are all showing on my Mac but are either hidden or grey on my iPhone.

1) Going through the instructions you sent me and for starters I went into iTunes to check and found that many of the files are not mp3’s. They are all either something called AAC Audio files or MPEG Audio files.

2) Checking settings on the Macbook (where all the songs appear as white and are fine) and the iPhone (where only 20% white and are fine) I see that the Mac has an option to “Show local files” (switched off) while the iPhone simply has a switch that says “Local Audio Files” which is also switched off.

Hey @RD10004,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To clarify - were you able to synch your local files by enabling the two options you mention? Also note that if your files are different than the supported formats listed here, then issues with importing them are expected behavior.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Carlos, would you possibly have the time to get on a call or a screenshare?

Hi Mihail, would it be possible to get on a call or even do a screenshare?

Hey @RD10004,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We don't offer call support but we can happily help you here in the Community, or through any of these channels.

You can also send us videos/screen recordings, or screenshots here by tapping on the camera or video camera icon in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout in case you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts