Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist skips 20-30 seconds into each song

Solved!

Playlist skips 20-30 seconds into each song

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6 in combination with Windows 10 desktop player

Operating System

iOS 12 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone to play music at work since my work computer doesn't have bluetooth.  Then I use the desktop app as a "remote" to control playback through the phone.  I have done this for months.  Today while listening to the "Brain Food" playlist, spotify started skipping 20 to 30 seconds into each song after the previous song was done.  This essentially makes Spotify unusable.  I've never seen this behaviour before.  I'm guessing there is a bug having to do with crossfading, which I have disabled.  If it crossfaded the songs, but then actually failed to blend the songs and just started the second song where it -would- have been 100% that song after crossfade ended.

30 Replies

Same thing happens with Sub Low playlist and I like this feature a lot.

I liked this feature too!! It doesn't seem to work for me anymore and these beats are way too long!

It was nice to just mellow out and have the beats change seamlessly. Much calmer, more variety, and I mean come on, they're repeating beats...

This happened to me when playing in my car, now the Spotify app has completely disappeared! 

Turn auto crossfade off! I enjoy low fi beats and it makes me want to cancel my Spotify account 

Yep yep yep. Same here. Infact same playlist and all. This is a really frustrating feature. I want to hear the whole of every song!

Marked as solution

It seems to be patched with an extra option in settings.

Go to Settings -> Automix and turn it off. (was under advanced settings on Desktop)

No more annoying crossfades in the Spotify playlists! Yeah!

Thanks!  This option didn't exist when I made this post - looks like enough of us complained about it that they added this feature.

Yup, power to the people! 😄
BTW, Got the info from this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Switch-on-off-crossfade-in-certa...
Seems to be an issue since 2016-02-09...

I had this same problem. It would play a song, then only play 30 seconds of the next song. Play a song, then only play 30 seconds of the next song, etc.

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. That did the trick.

That didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and that worked.

I have the same problem, but only with one song (as far as I know) which is Golden Brown by The Stranglers on repeat. It's really annoying

Suggested posts