Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist songs stop playing after a random number of tracks

Solved!

Playlist songs stop playing after a random number of tracks

After the latest iOS Spotify app upgrade, my playlist songs stop playing after a random number of tracks - I can get them to play by doing a skip to next - but it often happens only after a couple of songs.  This is difficult to do if I am running and the iPhone is on my arm.

Is there a way that I can make this go away?  If not, is there some way to download the previous version of the app on an iPhone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@KiyaSqueaker 

The regular Spotify app no longer supports iOS 6.

Try downloading the Spotify app for iOS 6:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/spotify-music-for-ios-6/id511889746?mt=8

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

This happens to me ive looked up how to stop it everywhere. Mine only plays one song for 1:58 minutes long after i turn my ipod off. I dont know if its because i have an ipod 4 or what but its annoying
Marked as solution

@KiyaSqueaker 

The regular Spotify app no longer supports iOS 6.

Try downloading the Spotify app for iOS 6:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/spotify-music-for-ios-6/id511889746?mt=8

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you! That actually worked. If i knew about that app i probably wouldn't have gone insane last night (or whatever time it is around the world).

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Glad that helped one of the responders - but might not apply to me (original post).  I am running iOS 7 on an iPhone 5.  Are there also pointers to previous apps for iOS 7?  I'm not sure if it would be the one just previous to the current, or a couple behind.  I tend not to update on a regular basis since something often stops working when I upgrade.

Also, my issue is a little different than the reply post - my tracks do not stop in the middle.  What happens is that once a track on a playlist completes, it wll not go to the next one automatically - sometimes.  If I fiddle with it (while trying not to trip and fall while running), and skip ahead to the next song, it will play for a while, then do it again.  During an hour of running it will happen 2 or 3 times.

Thanks.

After i downloaded it, I discovered it didnt work i just hoped for the best, it did help a lot of my other problems but didnt help that specific one. I decided that i just wot turn my ipod off if i use spotify

But it may just be my problem because earlier today the pair of earbuds ive been using broke and dont play sound. That may be why but i dont know. Thank god i have a few extra pairs lying around

I think I might be having the same problem on my iPad. When a song ends and it stops playing, can you see it's playing the next track with the progress bar going, but there's no sound?

I'm not sure if the play bar is moving - I have not looked.  I will look at it the next time that it happens.

This topic has gotten a little confused, since there are 2 separate issues that have been brought up - but this is the main one unrelated to songs stopping midway or broken headphones.  Can I request that only this issue - where the next track does not play at the end of a song during a playlist - be discussed here?  It's pretty easy to open another topic for other things.  This happens on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.

There is still an open question about whether the previous version of the app is available somewhere, since you cannot get it from the iTunest store.

Thanks.

@Larry1200 

The current version of Spotify in the app store still supports iOS 7. I'm not sure why the latest update is causing you to have problems.

Sorry I can't be much help, I don't work at Spotify. I just try to help people here. 

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, I also have this problem but with Android. Any suggestions, please? Thanks in avance!

Suggested posts