Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Extremely slow to download offline playlists on iOS

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. I used to be able to download playlists for offline listening and a song would download in about 10 seconds. Now, whenever I try to download a new playlist it is EXTREMLY slow - I'm talking 5-10 minutes for ONE s...

• I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. I used to be able to download playlists for offline listening and a song would download in about 10 seconds. Now, whenever I try to download a new playlist it is...
  • H0ffy99
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    slow
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot open or download Spotify on iphone 7

HiSince the beginning of this week I cannot open Spotify app on my phone. The problem started when I tried to download the latest update. Since then it looks like the app had been stuck in the downloading process.I deleted the app and now when I try ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Since the beginning of this week I cannot open Spotify app on my phone. The problem started when I tried to download the latest update. Since then it looks like the app had been stuck in the do...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will I be charged after my 7 day trial?

I downloaded the app today and clicked the offer to start the 7 day trial, when I go on my account on my laptop so the account overview, it just gives me the option to subscribe, does that mean after the trial I won't be charged and instead my trial ...

• I downloaded the app today and clicked the offer to start the 7 day trial, when I go on my account on my laptop so the account overview, it just gives me the option to subscribe, does that mean after...
  • Tbiblaine23
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not remembering my position in podcasts

When listening to a podcast from Spotify's "Shows" section, if I switch to playing something else, then return to the podcast episode, it starts it over at the beginning. This is expected behavior when listening to music but it is useless for podcast...

• Visitor
  • When listening to a podcast from Spotify's "Shows" section, if I switch to playing something else, then return to the podcast episode, it starts it over at the beginning. This is expected behavior wh...
  • MalteG
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

My creditcard do not work only in spotify website!

I was using spotify premium for some months now, but a few days ago, i received a message saying that i have issues with the monthly pay and if i do not solve this, my access will be paused. After call my bank and use my creditcard in other sites, i ...

• I was using spotify premium for some months now, but a few days ago, i received a message saying that i have issues with the monthly pay and if i do not solve this, my access will be paused. After ca...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix on iphone

I've been a premium user for a while, updated my phone and the Spotify app, but still don't have daily mix available. Does anyone know why?

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium user for a while, updated my phone and the Spotify app, but still don't have daily mix available. Does anyone know why?
  • jmatcuhi
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Other] Get rid of Match.com ad

Every time the Match.com ad comes up on the Spotify App on my iPhone it freezes up everything and I have to log off then log back on to get it moving. It's only with this ad. Please either remove the ad or fix it. Thanks,

• Every time the Match.com ad comes up on the Spotify App on my iPhone it freezes up everything and I have to log off then log back on to get it moving.  It's only with this ad.  Please eithe...
  • Zalmoxis
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

share a song to a follower that isnt a facebook friend

Folks this is just ridiculous at this point. I have been a spotify user for 4 years now. And I still cant share music or connect socially with ppl i'm following or ppl that are following that are not my friends on fb. Flow1/ discover cool playlist vi...

• Casual Listener
  • Folks this is just ridiculous at this point.   I have been a spotify user for 4 years now. And I still cant share music or connect socially with ppl i'm following or ppl that are following tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • retention
    send
    sharing
    Social
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged twice this month

My account was charged twice this morning for this month. I have not changed anything on my account and no there is not another account linked to mine. Another issue is being charged and my account isn't even working properly, always when trying to o...

• My account was charged twice this morning for this month. I have not changed anything on my account and no there is not another account linked to mine. Another issue is being charged and my account i...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My desktop app playlists are not syncing to ipod touch

The playlists I create on the desktop app are not displayed on the ipod. It also doesn't work the other way arround.Both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. I even tried pluging the cord and restarting both (desktop and ipod)The app versi...

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists I create on the desktop app are not displayed on the ipod. It also doesn't work the other way arround. Both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. I even tried pluging the cor...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app
    ipod touch 2nd
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

I have the premium account with spotify and I can listen to all the playlists when i'm at home and have wifi but for some reason when I try to listen to playlists in the car it keeps saying im offline the only music I can listen to are the songs i've...

• I have the premium account with spotify and I can listen to all the playlists when i'm at home and have wifi but for some reason when I try to listen to playlists in the car it keeps saying im offlin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Password

Im trying to change my password for my account due to forgetting what it was. Try and go and change it, this comes up?! Can anyone help?

• Im trying to change my password for my account due to forgetting what it was. Try and go and change it, this comes up?! Can anyone help?
  • Phoebee02
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I CAN'T SYNCHRONIZE MY IPOD NANO AND IPOD SHUFFLE WITH SPOTIFY

HELLO, I HAVE A PREMIUM SPOTIFY ACCOUNT AND I WANT TO SINCRONIZE MY PLAYLISTS WITH MY TWO IPODS (NANO AND SHUFFLE)PEOPLE SAY THAT YOU CAN SINCRONIZE THE IPODS SIMPLY CONNECTING WITH THE COMPUTER AND OPPENING THE SPOTIFY APLICATION. THEN THE IPODS APP...

• HELLO, I HAVE A PREMIUM SPOTIFY ACCOUNT AND I WANT TO SINCRONIZE MY PLAYLISTS WITH MY TWO IPODS (NANO AND SHUFFLE) PEOPLE SAY THAT YOU CAN SINCRONIZE THE IPODS SIMPLY CONNECTING WITH THE COMPUTER AN...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

having issues about listening offline music

Hi, Recently I added my own song to spotify which they are not on spotify normally. Now I can listen them on my computer offline but I can't listen them not even see them on my İphone, obviously can not listen offline. Please help!

• Hi,  Recently I added my own song to spotify which they are not on spotify normally. Now I can listen them on my computer offline but I can't listen them not even see them on my İphone, obvious...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Extreme quality stops after while

Hi, if I have a recommended quality for the offline songs all of mine song (186) are downloaded without problem on mi iPhone. It take aprox. 800MB od app data. If I select an extreme quality it starts downloading the songs but after short time it sto...

• Regular
  • Hi, if I have a recommended quality for the offline songs all of mine song (186) are downloaded without problem on mi iPhone. It take aprox. 800MB od app data. If I select an extreme quality it start...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Data usage when playing offline

Spotify on my iPhone managed to use 13GB from 1. October to 16. I only play My songs that i have saved offline. Is there a bug with this version?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on my iPhone managed to use 13GB from 1. October to 16. I only play My songs that i have saved offline. Is there a bug with this version?
  • bevobeats
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Insane Data Usage on iPhone (iOS)

For the past 6 months or more, my data usage has spiked incredibly on my iphone. I finally was able to track it to the Spotify app. The only playlists I use when not on wi-fi are in offline mode (downloaded). To test this, I reset my stats on my phon...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past 6 months or more, my data usage has spiked incredibly on my iphone. I finally was able to track it to the Spotify app.   The only playlists I use when not on wi-fi are in offline ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect (Chromecast) not working in Music Control

When I switch output to Spotify Connect device iOS Music Control shows that no music is being played - so I cannot control remote Spotify device (Android TV in my case, but also every chromecast devices). More reports in this theard, but it's already...

IMG_0177.PNG IMG_0178.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • When I switch output to Spotify Connect device iOS Music Control shows that no music is being played - so I cannot control remote Spotify device (Android TV in my case, but also every chromecast devi...
  • nevox123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes