Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist stops randomly at the end of a song

Playlist stops randomly at the end of a song

Hi,

I have had an issue for a while and now its really begining to get annoying.

Description:

I will be listening to a playlist and it will stop playing at the end of a track.  The screen shows track that has just played with the progress 'dot' at the end of the line and the end time displayed.  The play button is showing the pause (II) icon but it doesn't move onto the next track.  If you press the forward arrow then the next song in the list begins to play.  Sometimes the playlist stops and the next track is shown on the screen, the play button still shows the pause icon but the seconds aren't ticking up and its stuck at the beginning of the.  You then have to click forward and then bakwards arrows to get back to the track and it will play.   A few songs will play in the playlist and then the same issue will occur again.   Not handy when your driving or in the gym and the playlist just stops and you have to fiddle with the phone to get it working again.

An important note:

This issue only seems to happen on playlists that have local files and also songs that are on Spotify mixed together in the playlist.  I believe that the fault happens when the playlist changes from a local file to a spotify track or vice versa.  On testing it doesn't fail everytime it switches between the two, but theres definitely a link there.   The playlists in question that this happens to are also "offline"

So...

Offline playlist

Local and spotify tracks combined in the same list.

My iPhone:

iPhone 4

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

About 120

Approx 20 "offline"

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country (although not really relevant)

Vodafone - UK

Please can you look into this Spotify?

Thanks

Kam

20 Replies

Wow it's been 4 years and the problems still there. Can't believe no official read this or maybe they ignore. Gonna try J..X now. 

Suggested posts