Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist sync duplicate songs?

Playlist sync duplicate songs?

Hi all,

I may be wrong on this but i have synced a lot of playlists to my iPhone and it appears that the same song is being syncronized to my phone multiple times causing more space to be used on my phone than i would like. If i am wrong on this and please let me know but if not I was wondering if it is possible to set spotify to not sync duplicate songs that may be in different playlists. For example a song that is in the Billboard Top 100 playlist but also exists in the Top 100 songs on Spotify.

Please advise,

Thank you 🙂

4 Replies

This sounds like a good idea but I suspect that implementation would require a major rewrite of the way playlists are downloaded/synched and probably slow down the process which isn't terribly fast already. You could always suggest something along these lines in the ideas section.

As far as I am aware the application already does it.

For example, if I sync an offline playlists, force the application into offline mode I can play any offline tracks from that playlist which appear in another playlist even if that playlist is not available offline.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's interesting, @Peter__ ! Is that for both local files and spotify content?

Just tested, works for local files too. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts