Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Song order in favourites

In the iphone App i can change order in different playlists as discribed in other posts. For the favourites however its impossible. can someone help me? i want to order it by artist. greetz Ewoud

• Casual Listener
  • In the iphone App i can change order in different playlists as discribed in other posts.    For the favourites however its impossible. can someone help me? i want to order it by artist....
  • ewoudk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unlimited streaming at mobile device

Hi everyone Spotimate! Is Unlimited subscription allow streaming at mobile device? Where i can found comparable table with Unlimited subscription. As far as i have understood from the "Get started" on landing and community it is possible. But my iOS ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone Spotimate!   Is Unlimited subscription allow streaming at mobile device? Where i can found comparable table with Unlimited subscription.   As far as i have un...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium only syncs iPhone 5 on ONE wifi network, not all recognized wifi connections.

When I first launched Spotify Premium mobile sync, I was connected to my work's wifi, and now my phone ONLY syncs on my work wifi and not when I am connected at home. Anyway to reset the WIFI "loyalty" or have it sync whenever the app is open on a re...

• Casual Listener
  • When I first launched Spotify Premium mobile sync, I was connected to my work's wifi, and now my phone ONLY syncs on my work wifi and not when I am connected at home. Anyway to reset the WIFI "loyalt...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, Siri, and Blutooth on an iPhone

Hi! Whenever I use Spotify on my iPhone in my car using the Bluetooth connection, it seems to spaz Siri out and I have to close Spotify to get Siri to work again. Obviously, Siri is a big help if you need to make a call when you're driving, so this i...

• Hi! Whenever I use Spotify on my iPhone in my car using the Bluetooth connection, it seems to spaz Siri out and I have to close Spotify to get Siri to work again. Obviously, Siri is a big help if you...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 7
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Use offline mode in car?

I'm new to Spotify, but basically I want to use offline mode anytime I leave the house or don't have WiFi so that it won't boost my data correct? So like if I want to listen to music in the car I should turn offline mode on?

• I'm new to Spotify, but basically I want to use offline mode anytime I leave the house or don't have WiFi so that it won't boost my data correct? So like if I want to listen to music in the car I sho...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Free streaming failed after login with an older version of Spotify on another device

Hi, I would like to report a problem. Here are the steps. 1. Use latest Spotify that supports free streaming on my iPad with iOS 7.0.4. Free streaming works. 2. Then I use an older version of Spotify that does not support free streaming on my old iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I would like to report a problem. Here are the steps.   1. Use latest Spotify that supports free streaming on my iPad with iOS 7.0.4. Free streaming works.   2. Then I use ...
  • lofimusiclover1
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iOS - Version 0.9.1.230 missing 30-sec preview

I just updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 4S today to the latest release. Upon doing so, it looks like the functionality to get a preview of a song is no longer included. In the previous version I had (sorry, not sure which version it was), I could...

• Regular
  • I just updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 4S today to the latest release. Upon doing so, it looks like the functionality to get a preview of a song is no longer included. In the previous version I ...
  • DanS
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow Artist Button on iPad -- Where is it?

I've deleted and then re-installed the latest Spotify app for my iPad 4 running on iOS 7.0.4 and for the life of me, I can't find a way to follow an artist -- what am I missing? (It works GREAT on my iPhone) Thanks!

• Roadie
  • I've deleted and then re-installed the latest Spotify app for my iPad 4 running on iOS 7.0.4 and for the life of me, I can't find a way to follow an artist -- what am I missing? (It works GREAT on my...
  • boxeegrrrl
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Available albums on Spotify not being listed on the relevant artist page

You search an artist, then go their page, some of their albums are missing. BUT! Search the name of the album and you can then find that album. I'll you give you an example that you can test out. Lou Reed's ablum 'Perfect Day' isn't listed on his art...

• Visitor
  • You search an artist, then go their page, some of their albums are missing. BUT! Search the name of the album and you can then find that album.    I'll you give you an example that you ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why must we keep spotify opened if we sync ??

Does somebody know why MUST we keep spotify opened, on iphone, if we want to sync playlists ?? It´s very annoying ...Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Does somebody know why MUST we keep spotify opened, on iphone, if we want to sync playlists ?? It´s very annoying ... Thanks
  • 0ubi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Library support

I like the the fact that you guys have finally implemented a way for us to add album to our library in the new desktop app (0.9.8.150), but that change does not applies to the IOS users like me since the library catalogue does not even exist in the I...

• Roadie
  • I like the the fact that you guys have finally implemented a way for us to add album to our library in the new desktop app (0.9.8.150), but that change does not applies to the IOS users like me since...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sync duplicate songs?

Hi all,I may be wrong on this but i have synced a lot of playlists to my iPhone and it appears that the same song is being syncronized to my phone multiple times causing more space to be used on my phone than i would like. If i am wrong on this and p...

• Hi all, I may be wrong on this but i have synced a lot of playlists to my iPhone and it appears that the same song is being syncronized to my phone multiple times causing more space to be used on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS 0.9.1.230 problems

I have a premium account, and never experienced any problems with spotfy. Suddenly now - I can not find my playlists, can not make any searches (get this "Something went wrong!" Try again) Browse function can not find any songs Discovr can't be loade...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account, and never experienced any problems with spotfy. Suddenly now - I can not find my playlists, can not make any searches (get this "Something went wrong!" Try again) Browse...
  • csbirk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Meta-data not changing

With 0.9.1, the song meta-data is incorrectly being sent to my cars head unit. It shows only the 1st song it plays in spotify and does not change when song changes or even a playlist change. The previous spotify version 0.9.0 had no issues with meta-...

• Casual Listener
  • With 0.9.1, the song meta-data is incorrectly being sent to my cars head unit. It shows only the 1st song it plays in spotify and does not change when song changes or even a playlist change. The prev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • metadata
    problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs uploaded from computer wont sync to iPhone

I uploaded songs from my computer to my spotify playlist but when i try to play them from my phone it wont play and it says sync is required. im a premium user so i dont see why this would happen

• I uploaded songs from my computer to my spotify playlist but when i try to play them from my phone it wont play and it says sync is required. im a premium user so i dont see why this would happen
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not see iPhone 5s / Will not sync local songs

I have tried EVERYTHING in the forums. It got to the point where I REINSTALLED MY OS to figure out what the hell happened. Im at witts end. someone help me. Here are the things I've tried: -Reinstalling App and Desktop program (x20 and counting)-made...

• I have tried EVERYTHING in the forums. It got to the point where I REINSTALLED MY OS to figure out what the hell happened. Im at witts end. someone help me.    Here are the things I've ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync non-playlist tracks

Can i sync offline to my phone a track that is not in my playlist?

• Regular
  • Can i sync offline to my phone a track that is not in my playlist?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync a playlist selectively

Can i sync only some tracks from a large playlist to my phone? (as opposed to telling it to sync the whole playlist) Thanks

• Regular
  • Can i sync only some tracks from a large playlist to my phone? (as opposed to telling it to sync the whole playlist)         Thanks
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Files?

Hey there,So I've followed all the steps needed to sync music onto my iPhone, and I'm not sure if this is meant to happen, but it only sync local files from my iTunes, which I already have on it, not the other songs in the playlists? Don't know wheth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, So I've followed all the steps needed to sync music onto my iPhone, and I'm not sure if this is meant to happen, but it only sync local files from my iTunes, which I already have on it, n...
  • ethereal16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes