Playlist title font incorrect on details view when starts with emoji

Premium

Germany

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

Playlist title font is incorrect when the playlist title starts with an emoji, see screenshot

screenshot.png

4 Replies

Hey @carlambroselli,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

Since we don't have a lot of reports regarding similar situations, we'd like to gather some more detailed info from you. Could you please share with us the exact version number of your Spotify app  and also your complete iOS version number as well.

It could be worthwhile restarting the app (to log out and then to log back in) twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and clears any possible cache-related issues. Let us know if this makes any difference for the appearance of this playlist title.

If the refresh doesn't help, you could also try manually to edit the details of the playlist where this happens and see if re-entering  and re-saving the title can solve the situation. In case you are copy-pasting the title for this playlist from some other editor or platform, then please make sure you are pasting it as a plain text in the Spotify app, so it doesn't carry over some other styles and formatting to the font as well.

Lastly, could you confirm if this happens to this particular playlist only, or this is the case with all playlists with emojis that you encounter. Beside your screenshot, could we also get a link to the particular playlist(s) (if public), so we can take a closer look and give you a better advice. 

Hope any of this helps. Let us know how you get on, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril,

thanks for getting back to me.

Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1353

iOS Version: 15.1.1

Logging out and back in again twice in a row doesn’t solve the issue.

The issue happens with all my created playlists.

Here is a repro: https://youtube.com/shorts/uXWoLwziWfM

Fixed when removing the emoji, back when readding it, no copy paste.

Happens on all of my playlists and for all emojis.

Example repro playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0COIPGURPLBOhZWbg89JJs?si=3y71rcK0QFSIP18RPm4HsA

Cheers,

Carl

Hey again @carlambroselli,

Thanks for your swift response and all the info provided.

Such situations although rare are ​​​​​​most likely expected and device dependent (for newer devices especially). Emojis and special characters aren't fully supported and while we do our best to display them, we can't guarantee the full functionality to be available on all devices. As such, we recommend using only unicode, alpha-numerical characters for playlist or display names.

Thanks for taking the time to report this, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can report the same thing. If the emoji is on first place, the font becomes weird. When I move the emoji from the first position, font is correct. 

This is a bug introduced around a month ago, before that it was looking good.

09A529D5-E2CB-4137-AA29-33CBA8AFC329.png
68E0BF02-2BF9-461A-BF6D-066BB23666CB.png
42620FD9-E2BB-4255-BBCC-CB53D5F83AFF.png

Suggested posts