Announcements

Playlist won’t loop despite green loop button on

Playlist won’t loop despite green loop button on

I have my spotify always on loop and when I click a song on a playlist, once it reaches the end, the playlist stops. I have found that the queue isn’t looping even if the player has the green loop symbol. I have to manually open the queue and fix the loop button there to be green to get it to loop but that means I can’t select a song manually without having to go to queue and switching the loop back on.
12 Replies

Yordan

Hi there!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

Does this occur on any other devices you use? In any case, a short screen recording which shows this behavior in action would be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end. Feel free to even share what troubleshooting you've done so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

ThelastSnake_Prime

Maybe the same  issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the problem still there. On the pc version this problem is not there. My system is ios 15.4.1 and here a short screen recording: 

Elena

Hey there @ThelastSnake_Prime,

Thanks for joining the thread.

Reinstalling the app is a good start, but can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

We're not able to reproduce this behavior from our end, so if the trouble shooting above doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

Lastly, when the playlist ends and the new song starts, is it a random song from the playlist or always the same one? Could you also double-check that you don't have any songs queued up after the last one in the playlist?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. 

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

ThelastSnake_Prime

thanks for your quick response, i have restarted my device, cleared the cache and log out just after and the problem still there.
my spotify version is 8.7.26. very intresting detail is when i control my playlist on my phone and play the music on the pc version the loop button desingage and when i select manually on the computer the loop reactivates. 

there is no songs queted after this one and there is another playlist played.

hope that helps.

CarlosE

Hey @ThelastSnake_Prime,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

The details you sent help us a lot. Just to confirm, did you notice if this happens if you use another mobile device to control the music on your computer? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a family member or friend to open your account and check.

On another note, did you notice if the loop button works fine while you're using your phone to control the web player? 

Lastly, can you let us know the exact make/model of your device?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

omkd777

As @ThelastSnake_Prime pointed out, on the pc version this problem is not there.  Same for me.  Judging from the message boards, a bunch of other people had or are having the same issue.  I'm using an iPhone 13 and have version 8.7.36.1590 installed.  For the purposes of busy work, I tried the boilerplate remedies both moderators proposed in this thread.  Not surprisingly, none of them worked.  If the problem is with the phone app and not a pc, deductive reasoning says the phone app is probably the culprit.  A memory management problem, error condition and exception handling, a coding issue, who knows.  This problem periodically crops up.  I've seen posts about it as far back as 2017.  Here's one thread of ticked off Spotify listeners regarding this matter: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Shuffle-and-Repeat-keep-turning-off/td-p/4491970.  What's it going to take to get a resolution?

Dian

Hey @omkd777,

Thanks for the reply and the information.

Are you using the phone to control the playback on another device via Connect or the issue occurs only when using the phone as a playback source?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

omkd777
The issue occurs only when using the phone as a playback source.

AndresM

Hey @omkd777

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening with another mobile phone? Also, tell us if this persists even when logging in with another account on your phone (if possible).

Lastly, let us know if this behavior started after a recent update.

We'll be on the lookout for your next message. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

ThelastSnake_Prime

The bug have been fixed 

sivadathan

help me to fix it when i press next song same song coming 

Dian

Hey @sivadathan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you double check if you've activated the "repeat song" function instead of the "repeat playlist"? One has a number inside the arrow circle. Could you post a screenshot?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts

Env: prod