Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists I'm following or created not syncing.

Solved!

Playlists I'm following or created not syncing.

Hi there, 

I'm a premium member running the latest version of the Spotify desktop client on a new mac, and the most up-to-date app version of Spotify on an iPhone 5. I've followed a number of playlists through the desktop client, like "Top 100 Indie Tracks on Spotify". Unfortunately, none of the playlists that I am following, or the playlists I've created through iTunes that show up in the Spotify desktop client, are showing up on my iPhone 5 Spotify app. This is not about offline playlists; I can't even see any of the the playlists from my desktop client on the iPhone at all, even for streaming. This is the main reason I started to use Spotify. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and signing in both directly using my Spotify username and the linked Facebook signin. I've had this problem for 3 weeks, ever since I started to use Spotify. 

What's wrong here? How can I get assistance in this matter. Thanks so much.

Danny

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know this is a real pain (and I hate suggesting it!) but can you try a clean reinstallation of both of the apps and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey Danny 🙂 

What version of the desktop client are you using (Help > About)?

There are a number of issues in v0.9.0.133 which have been corrected in v0.9.1.43 which is currently rolling out. If you haven't got it yet it will hopefully make it to you very soon!

If you create a playlist on your mobile device, does it show up in the desktop? Do any of your playlists show up on the mobile device? 

If not, it sounds like you aren't signed into the same account.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, 

I'm using the v0.9.0.133 version -- just tried to update to the latest version on the website, but it's still the same version post update. 

So the bottom line is that I AM logged in to the SAME account, but it's acting as if I'm logged in to different accounts. That's the mystery. I've tried logging in and out multiple times, deleting the app, etc, and yet none of my desktop playlists show up on my mobile device, and none of my mobile playlists show up on my desktop. 

What can I do? I need an engineer on the back end to look into this or something.

Thanks

Danny

Hey Danny 🙂 

Just one more thing to test out before I advise you further.

If you make a brand new playlist on the desktop application, and add a single track to it (which is not a local file) can you see that playlist on your mobile device?

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, 

I tried this before, and no, the playlist does not appear on the mobile phone. Conversely, when I create a playlist on the phone, it does not show up on desktop. 

Complete disconnect between mobile platform and desktop client, despite being logged in to same account!

Marked as solution

I know this is a real pain (and I hate suggesting it!) but can you try a clean reinstallation of both of the apps and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, 

That seems to have done it! After doing the clean install of the desktop client, it loaded the playlists that I had followed on my iPhone. When I created a new playlist on the desktop client, it showed up on my iPhone app. 

Thanks!

Danny

That is what I like to hear 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts