Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists 'Loading'

Playlists 'Loading'

Hi. Nobody is replying to my message in this thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Playlists-Loading/m-p/193156#M9226

So I've started another one. If I don't get a response today I'll be cancelling my Spotify subscription as this has made using your service impossible for me.

--

Every time I open the iPhone app all my recent playlists sit at "Loading...". I'm often in remote areas without a mobile connection so the playlists can't be played. Pretty annoying when I just left the house with them synced!

I've been a paying member for over a year but this issue is really killing the usefullness of the app for me. Often it does this even when I have full 3G or I'm on wifi.

I've just upgraded to the latest version (0.5.8.73) but it's still doing it. 

I'm using an iPhone 4 32gb with the latest IOS.

If I'm out and about (normally with no reception) and the app crashes (which it does regularly) then it seems to revert to the list of playlists as it was about 5 months ago. Eventually it manages to load the playlist list, but they're all empty and titled "Loading..".

The only way I can get my playlists - and therefor me synced music - is to connect to the Internet. Which is ofter not till the following day.

IMG_0744.PNG

6 Replies

Hello

We are looking in to this now.

I will bring news as soon as I have.

Thanks for being patience and sorry for the inconveniences this is causing to you.

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

Just to let you know, this is still an issue. I deleted Spotify and reinstalled (losing 30gb worth of synced music. GREAT). But the constant crashing and reverting back to an old playlist list is still happening.

I've cancelled my Direct Debit for your service and will be looking for alternatives.

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this.

We have checked in our system and it seems you have more than 600 playlists so it can take 2-3 minutes to load all of them.

I hope this clarifies why you are experiencing it.

Thanks for using this forum. 

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

So you're saying the app  doesn't cache your list of playlists? If so then that is terrible design for something most people want to use when they don't have access to a fast Internet connection

@davidmhodgey wrote:

So you're saying the app  doesn't cache your list of playlists? If so then that is terrible design for something most people want to use when they don't have access to a fast Internet connection

I'm pretty sure playlists are cached in offline storage. 600 playlists is still a lot of data to initialize when the application starts, even if it doesn't need to pull all the tracks from the Spotify servers. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's poor. 

I guess I can trim my playlist list. How many playlists would you say is reasonable?

Suggested posts