Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists are shuffling and playing songs not on my playlists even when Shuffle and Autoplay are off

Playlists are shuffling and playing songs not on my playlists even when Shuffle and Autoplay are off

PROBLEM: Whether I hit the big green button to play the list or play the first song, the playlist is shuffling to songs that aren't on ANY of my playlists.

SETUP:

• I have Spotify Premium.
  • Autoplay is OFF in Settings (thinking that would solve my problem)
  • I added Christmas Classics by Spotify to my Playlists
  • The green arrows (shuffle) are greyed out.

The same problem occurs when I play Radio

WHAT I WANT: How do I get the playlist to play in order of the songs shown on the playlist??? I assume that is the expected behavior of playlists.

The problem occurs whether I let the songs play on their own or if I hit the Forward button to skip a song. It goes to a song NOT on this playlist.

WHAT AM I MISSING? Is there another "don't shuffle between playlists" setting I am not seeing?

Thanks...this is really a dealbreaker for me to use Spotify as my expectations are a playlist is...a playlist.

1 Reply

Hey there @gnu2this

Thanks for reaching out about this.

First up, we recommend that you try running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Take into account that the big green play button is for Shuffle play. If you want to listen to the songs in order, you can tap on the first song in the playlist and it'll start playing from there as long as the Shuffle option is disabled. 

Additionally, you can always check the Play Queue to see which songs are going to play next and you can remove the ones you don't want to listen to or change their order manually. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts