Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists missing from CarPlay

Playlists missing from CarPlay

Premium version on iOS 13.5.1

Only the first 12 playlists show up on my CarPlay (GMC 2019)

It only shows the first 12 no matter how I sort them (by name, recently played) on the iPhone. It shows all 50+ lists on my phone but the carplay interfaces stop after the 1st 12. 

If I put the phone into airplane mode then it shows all the playlists (of course I can’t play them except those which are available offline). 

I’ve tried to reinstall the app but still no difference. My spouse also has the same issue. 

Any ideas?

18 Replies

Hey there @Rboy2,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community!

We appreciate the hard work and effort you've poured in to do some troubleshooting on your end and are eager to help you get this sorted.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend going through a clean reinstall, including the steps to delete the cache on your device.

In case you’re still encountering this issue after that, it'd be great if you could leave a comment with the following details:

• Exact Spotify version 
  • Phone details (build/model/OS)
  • Car details + firmware version
  • Troubleshooting steps you tried so far
  • If possible, try using another device and see if it behaves differently
  • Can you share a screen recording or some screenshots?

Once we have all the info, we'll pass it on to our developers to look into it.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tries it all. Attaching the screenshot. One shows the spotify playlists on the phone and other in the car play. The Car play shows Dance as the last one, it won’t scroll after that. The phone shows there many many more after Dance. 

phone: iPhone 6s, 8 and X

car: 2019 GMC Acadia

spotify version: 8.5.73.1119

ios version: 13.6.1

car software version: 84546918

4DFEF13C-2838-4835-8921-843E611346FA.png
EA07DB80-AE91-416A-AE41-DBFB81827914.png

I have the same issues. On my phone 11 pro (iOS 13.7) I have 25 playlist in the actual spotify app. My Car Play App only shows only 5.

Hey @ boy2 and @schuermannkl2,

Thanks for posting and for searching the answer you need here.

If a clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, could you also try removing the access of Car Play to Spotify and then re-enabling it again? You can learn how to do this here

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That didn’t work because CarPlay isn’t a third party app.

Hey @Rboy2,

Thanks for the troubleshooting you did so far.

Could you also let us know if the same issue comes up, when you log in to another account? This would help us out a lot in determining whether or not this is an account related issue. You can use a friend or family members account or create a new one here. Make sure to also restart your device between session. This is an overlooked, but surprisingly effective step.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

Yes, it's also happening with my spouses account.

Here's the funny thing, one in 1 times it'll show the complete list, but 9/10 times it'll only show the first few playlists. It's like something is timing out while loading the list and stops.

My Carplay-App is working fine now. Thanks. Klaus

Hey @schuermannkl2 and @Rboy2,

Thanks for getting back to us.

@schuermannkl2 Happy to hear that it worked out and you can play your playlists again.

@Rboy2 If the issue still persists after the troubleshooting, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and can help you enjoy your favorite jams.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

I see that support page is in German. Is there an English version of that support link?

Hey @Rboy2,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂 

No worries. You can click here and get in touch with our English support.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

@Rboy2

Did you fix it? I am having the same issue.

It appears this might be a car type / carplay issue. 

For example I have a toyota and car play will only display 5 playlists. Same for my wife. 

My previous car, a KIA, was absolutely fine and could show all playlists. 

My friends VW also shows all playlists but my other friends Ford doesnt. 

It is really annoying especially as I never experienced this with android. 

I’ve tried to reply to this list three times now and it keeps blocking it probably because my response is negative and refers to other providers that I’ve moved on to. But I’ll keep trying. 

It’s all a bunch of hooey and BS. Spotify isn’t interested in fixing it. Same issues across multiple cars and I have no issues with other apps like iTunes, pandora, podcasts or any other app. ONLY Spotify. I’ve given up and moved onto other apps. Amazon now supports multi channel Dolby atmos audio, that’s way better for me these days and enjoying it in my new car. 

Had same issue, with CarPlay only showing the last 10 songs on my Spotify playlists. I corrected the issue by restarting my phone and also clearing out the open apps on the phone. This seemed to resolve my issue and now I can see all my songs through CarPlay. 

Well that clearly sounds like an app issue now doesn’t it. But Spotify is behaving like an ostrich with their heads in the sand. If we can’t see it then it’s not our problem. I’ve moved onto Amazon music. It works better with Alexa anyways. 

Suggested posts