Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast playing next episode

Podcast playing next episode

Hi all

i have been having an issue with podcast past few weeks. It won’t play the next episode. Yes I have it on auto play. With music it works fine. I have been onto to support and after some who disappear and don’t replay after a while. One suggested to have it from oldest to newest. It now works the odd time. Like having them from newest to oldest. I listen on my phone. I have premium and it works on other person phone. It also doesn’t really work on my iPad. My phone is up to date as well as the app. 

6 Replies

I am having same issue. Autoplay is on but it all of sudden stopped playing the next episode of the podcast. I have the episodes oldest to newest and newest to oldest. Still won’t work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and same issue. This just started randomly a couple of days ago

I’m having this same problem for several weeks now. Auto play works perfect with music/playlists and on other devices, but will not auto play the next episode of any podcasts. This is bizarre to me?!?! I’ve updated my iPhone, the Spotify app itself, played with all kinds of settings within both, still nothing. Also logged out of, deleted, and reinstalled the Spotify app and still didn’t fix it. What is going on??

I’m having the same issue. Mine started when I updated the Spotify app on my iPhone - did this happen to anyone else?

I have the same issue with my desktop version.

@ToysRUSCreditCard wrote:

Hi all

i have been having an issue with podcast past few weeks. It won’t play the next episode. Yes I have it on auto play. With music it works fine. I have been onto to support and after some who disappear and don’t replay after a while. One suggested to have it from oldest to newest. It now works the odd time. Like having them from newest to oldest. I listen on my phone. I have premium and it works on other person phone. It also doesn’t really work on my iPad. My phone is up to date as well as the app. 

When listening to a podcast series, the next episode doesn't play automatically. Once a podcast episode ends, you'll need to go back to the podcast home screen in order to play the next episode. The next episode will not play automatically. i am having this issue and still finding the solution.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you confirm that when you play a podcast episode from a show, the rest of the episodes appear in your queue? Also, will an episode play (after the one you're currently listening to ends) if you manually add it to the queue? You can try playing a few different shows to see if the issue affects all of them.

A screen recording which shows the app's behavior would be much appreciated.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts