Plan

Premium Family

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone 14 pro max

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I pay for Premium Family and have two other familiy members signed in. One keeps getting the attached error message when attempting to run Spotify on his iPhone. It states (translated from Norwegian):
"Your last payment did not work. To continue listening with Premium, you'll have to renew the subscription online. You can also downscale to Free. Then you won't be able to listen offline any more, and you'll start to hear advertisements").

The problem has been there since I started the membership appr. 2 weeks ago. When the family member logs onto his account from a PC, there is no error message. 

My second family member had the same problem initially on her iPhone, but it disappeared after a few days. We do not know why.

Any suggestion to what we can do?

ErrorMessage1.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @POF123,

Thanks for reaching out. It's possible that the affected user has some sort of unpaid pending payment prior to joining the Family plan and the error appears because the system still recognizes it as unsuccessful. The payment will not be charged anymore but it can cause the error to appear. Can you please ask the user to reach out to our support team, they can double check this and assist further. Make sure to have all of your payment information on hand, as our team will need it to find the payments and verify you as the account owner (the member will need to provide this info to verify too).

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @POF123,

Thanks for reaching out. It's possible that the affected user has some sort of unpaid pending payment prior to joining the Family plan and the error appears because the system still recognizes it as unsuccessful. The payment will not be charged anymore but it can cause the error to appear. Can you please ask the user to reach out to our support team, they can double check this and assist further. Make sure to have all of your payment information on hand, as our team will need it to find the payments and verify you as the account owner (the member will need to provide this info to verify too).

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts