Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Not Working on iPad

Premium Not Working on iPad

I just upgraded to Premium and it won't work on my iPad. When I try to stream on demand it says "you must be premium to stream on demand." I have thrown out my Facebook App and reloaded app over and over -- even logged out/in/out/in using user name (which is horrible string of numbers I can't change). Premium Services work in my iMac, but not on my iPad or iPhone. Please help!

24 Replies

I just started having the same issue on my ipad for my account and also for an account I set up for my mother. Getting the "only Premium users can stream on demand" message. However, I'm still able to play properly from the app installed on my computer. Very frustrating. I've checked my account and I'm still marked as a Premium user (and have been for months). I've logged in using my Spotify account as well as my Facebook account and still no go.

Come on Spotify, you've been having these Premium issues for months and months, get your act together. What am I supposed to do now?

EDIT: so i deleted and re-installed the Spotify app and then logged in using my Spotify credentials. This seemed to fix the problem but of course now none of the tracks (thousands) that I had downloaded previously are available for offline use and I've got to redownload everything again. Nice work Spotify! Are you going to reimburse me for bandwidth usage for all these downloads??

@5stone wrote:

EDIT: so i deleted and re-installed the Spotify app and then logged in using my Spotify credentials. This seemed to fix the problem but of course now none of the tracks (thousands) that I had downloaded previously are available for offline use and I've got to redownload everything again. 

By deleting the application, you would also remove the cache holding the tracks you previously. This would require you to sync these tracks again in order for you to listen to them offline. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I understand that the cache is removed, just frustrating to have to do that since I'm a Premium member and shouldn't have to be doing these tasks.

QUESTION: My Mom's account is still unable to "stream on demand". She has an Unlimited $4.99/month account. Can Unlimited users NOT stream on demand? It's very unclear from the product comparison chart. Also, since I was having the issue and I'm a Premium member, I can't tell if for her it's technical problem (like me) or whether she doesn't have access to that feature.

Can you let me know whether Unlimited subscriptions should be able to stream on demand?

5stone - Stream on what device? If it's a mobile device, then no. A Premium subscription is needed. I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding here.

You can check the different features here... http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Unlimited accounts only give you unlimited ad-free streaming on the desktop applications. You need premium to stream on any mobile device whether its a phone or a tablet. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem. How long does it take until the premium membership reaches my iPad? I just upgraded to Premium and songs are not streaming on my iPad. PLEASE HELP!

@user-removed wrote:
I'm having the same problem. How long does it take until the premium membership reaches my iPad? I just upgraded to Premium and songs are not streaming on my iPad. PLEASE HELP!

Try logging out, fully restarting you iPad and then logging in again. 

Peter

Peter

I'm having the same issue. Upgraded to premium. iPad app still says 10min of trial left. Reinstalled the app logged in again several times. Restarted iPad and everything. Still doesn't work. Isn't there a general fix to this by now??

Gregz0rz - Just had a look at your account - You should have Premium. Despite the trial notice, are you unable to stream at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Okay I just don't get it. Downloaded the app. Then told have to have premium. Okay so wot its that and where was the supposed 30 day trial?
Can't even get it to le me do the premium thing.

So basically not very good is it!!
Not prepared to waste anymore time on it so giving up.

@Sianypoos wrote:
Okay I just don't get it. Downloaded the app. Then told have to have premium. Okay so wot its that and where was the supposed 30 day trial?
Can't even get it to le me do the premium thing.

So basically not very good is it!!
Not prepared to waste anymore time on it so giving up.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should get a free 48 hour trial the first time you log in on a mobile device automatically. 

As for the 30 day free trial, you need to manually subscribe to that from https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

Peter

Peter

I can stream on my android but not my ipad. Apparently this is a common issue, what's the problem here?

@Martnz72087 wrote:
I can stream on my android but not my ipad. Apparently this is a common issue, what's the problem here?

Try uninstalling Spotify, fully restarting your iPad and then installing it from the App Store again. Does it work now?

Peter

Peter

Have premium and its fine on laptop, but won't work on my iPad no matter how many uninstall re-installs I try! Come on Spotify, where'sa real fix?

@RayCha wrote:
Have premium and its fine on laptop, but won't work on my iPad no matter how many uninstall re-installs I try! Come on Spotify, where'sa real fix?

Are you sure you're using the correct account?

How did you sign into Spotify on the laptop? Use the same method on the iPad 🙂

Liam

Hi! 

We are having the same problem here - why isn't a premium account working on ipad? Its possible to log in but the music doesn't play at all. It was working fine about 2 months ago but not since. No message appears and we have the latest version of spotify on the ipad. 

Why is this? Is there a solution? 

Thanks,

@mcbabaeva wrote:

Hi! 

We are having the same problem here - why isn't a premium account working on ipad? Its possible to log in but the music doesn't play at all. It was working fine about 2 months ago but not since. No message appears and we have the latest version of spotify on the ipad. 

Why is this? Is there a solution? 

Thanks,

Can you try a clean reinstallation of the Spotify application and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I just signed up for the fre Premium trial, but the app on my IPad still tells me I need Premium to listen on my IPad. I have reinstalled the app, restarted my device and tried serveral times to log on and it is just not working! Please help me.

@Hogpet wrote:
Hi, I just signed up for the fre Premium trial, but the app on my IPad still tells me I need Premium to listen on my IPad. I have reinstalled the app, restarted my device and tried serveral times to log on and it is just not working! Please help me.

Hey 🙂 

Can you just double check your account is on premium on your online overview and ensure you are logging in using the correct details. 

Sometimes a power off and on again can kick it into gear!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts