Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to use spotify with IPOD running on IOS 3.1.3 (upgrade not possible)

how to use spotify with IPOD running on IOS 3.1.3 (upgrade not possible)

Hi, 

is there a workaround to use spotify (or music downloaded from spotify with other device) on 
a "classic" IPOD, because spotify app doesn't install on IPOD running on IOS 3.1.3 (and upgrade is not possible)?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

8 Replies

Hi hsormani, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there isn't a way. There's a Spotify app for iOS 4 available but nothing for anything earlier than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

and there is also no option to convert the songs to a different format or using a webclient?

Nope, the Spotify tracks have to be played back through a supported Spotify application, which won't run on anything pre-iOS 4 and the web player is for desktop usage only (and requires flash).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There is a workaround for a jailbroken ipod on the whited00r site, but it is a year old. I have no idea if it works. Thinking about trying it out though. Otherwise I'll be stuck using Pandora (*HINT* *HINT* Spotify devs)

I have just put Whited00r on  my ipod touch 1g and I downloaded a old version of spotify but there is no "facebook login" so i cant log in... can someone plz help mee!

@Gurkfil wrote:

I have just put Whited00r on  my ipod touch 1g and I downloaded a old version of spotify but there is no "facebook login" so i cant log in... can someone plz help mee!

have you tried setting a Device Password under your account overview and then trying logging in with your email and set password?

Yeah, you need to do the following:

1. Login to spotify.com

2. In the top right, click your picture/account and then in the dropdown click "Account"

3. Click "Edit your profile"

4. Click "Set a password for your devices"

Note down your username and follow the directions to set the password.

You will then be able to login using that username and whatever password you set. 

I got it all working and am able to search for stuff, play it, and play my playlists, but you will not be able to use any of the radio features. Keep in mind, it is a very old version of the spotify app so it is very limited in the interface.

Have fun!

@HWing wrote:

Yeah, you need to do the following:

1. Login to spotify.com

2. In the top right, click your picture/account and then in the dropdown click "Account"

3. Click "Edit your profile"

4. Click "Set a password for your devices"

Note down your username and follow the directions to set the password.

You will then be able to login using that username and whatever password you set. 

I got it all working and am able to search for stuff, play it, and play my playlists, but you will not be able to use any of the radio features. Keep in mind, it is a very old version of the spotify app so it is very limited in the interface.

Have fun!

yes, he's absolutely right! 🙂 have a great day! Stream on.

Suggested posts