Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Previously deleted "recently played" reappears?

Previously deleted "recently played" reappears?

Can anyone help?  I delete/reinstall to clear the app cache on my iphone.  Everytime I reinstall - my previously deleted "recently played" list reappears.  I can delete them (again) one-by-one, but this list contains ALL the songs I have ever played!  Last time, it took me 15 minutes to delete them!  Is there not an easier way?

NB, I am not talking about the list on my profile (which is already private) or the windows app (which I figured out how to clear)... I am talking about specifically on my iphone.

3 Replies

Hey! Well, this is always created automatically after listening to music. Sorry, no option to disable that, even private session doesn't disable collecting your recently played music there. But it's not a playlist actually, no one can see that, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem? If for some reason it is, there's no other way than to delete one by one.

I understand that it is automatically created when I listen to music (although why I need a reiteration of what's already in my playlist is a mystery).  

What is causing the issue is every time I delete/reinstall the app on my iphone - my entire listening history (since day 1) is back in that recently played list.  There is NO work-around for the iphone other than delete/reinstall as Spotify soon hogs huge chunks of data.  

Thank you for your reply, but these things [we pay for] are so non-functional - I think I may just be done with the app altogether.

You're welcome to post your idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/ideas_submissions, so it could have a chance of being featured in the app.

Suggested posts