Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Privacy Settings in iOS?

Solved!

Privacy Settings in iOS?

How do I make sure that Spotify does not have permission to go through my pictures and contacts?

I tried emailing Spotify's privacy questions account for this, but just got back a cut-and-paste response about how sharing my photos with them is good for me.

I've looked through the app's internal settings and the general system settings under 'Allow Spotify access...' I can't find anything in either place about how to lock things down. Am I out of luck? I'd rather not cancel my subscription, but I am unable to find any other options.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Maximillian999

By default Apple makes it so that apps cannot access things on your phone without first getting your permission.

From Apple's website:

http://www.apple.com/privacy/manage-your-privacy/

Control data shared with apps.

Apps from the App Store can often work even better by accessing your information from Contacts, Calendars, or Photos. But we think you should always know which apps want access to that data and why, so that you can make a more informed decision. Our default is to make it your call, which is why you’ll receive a prompt the first time a third-party app wants to access that data. And, even if you grant access once, you can always take it away later by going to your phone's settings in iOS --> Settings --> Privacy 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Maximillian999

By default Apple makes it so that apps cannot access things on your phone without first getting your permission.

From Apple's website:

http://www.apple.com/privacy/manage-your-privacy/

Control data shared with apps.

Apps from the App Store can often work even better by accessing your information from Contacts, Calendars, or Photos. But we think you should always know which apps want access to that data and why, so that you can make a more informed decision. Our default is to make it your call, which is why you’ll receive a prompt the first time a third-party app wants to access that data. And, even if you grant access once, you can always take it away later by going to your phone's settings in iOS --> Settings --> Privacy 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts