Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem: Spotify stops playing when I minimise the app on my iPhone

Problem: Spotify stops playing when I minimise the app on my iPhone

Ever since some recent update, I noticed an annoying problem: whenever I minimise spotify (i.e. exit the app to use something else), the music will stop playing. If I open the app again, it will resume playing. If I kill the app and start it again, the problem gets fixed.

Would you please look into this? It's worth pointing out that even though my iPad is running the exact same setup (same spotify version, same account, same iOS version), the problem doesn't occur there.

The iPhone in question is a 6S running iOS 10.2.1 and the latest version of Spotify.

3 Replies

Hey @cristian-m!

That's not alright! Could you try to restart your iPhone? Does it still happen after that? Let me know.

Thanks and keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I find this to be a VERY annoying defect on Spotify/ trying to multi task and listen to a podcast but every time I minimize my screen it stops playing and then I go to open Spotify to get it to play again and it takes me 3 attempts. Yes I have restarted my phone over and over and over again. Please fix this annoyance Spotify. 

Hi @Wildunicorns13,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to hear that you have this experience. We're here to help!

We've tried this from our end and we can reproduce this behavior. To start with, can you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option?

If that doesn't do the trick we recommend that you remove any old cache files by following the steps in this article that might be causing this.

It's also good to make sure that there's no pending OS.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts