Problems with the “new” option don’t play this song

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 8 Plus)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

My Question or Issue

I was listening a song as always, and I accidentally pushed the option “don’t play this song” and when I wanted to remove that option it doesn’t work, I push the opposite option called “allow to play this song” and nothing happens. I would like to know if it’s a bug or something and if it will be fixed lately.

3 Replies

Hey there @TedMosby5

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's playback features. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Do you mind also telling us on which Spotify feature you do experience this issue? Does it happen on a playlist, radio, album or other? Let us know so we can take a closer look.    

We'll look out for your reply.

Hello, I am also having a problem enabling a “dont play this song” to play. I followed the directions given for the iPhone and it still won’t play. 

Hi there @Kyle33,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know the model, OS version and Spotify version of your device and tell us in which playlist this is happening? If you have Show unplayable songs enabled from settings, you should see content which is grayed out with a red minus icon next to it - those are songs which you've hidden from playlists. You might also see songs which are completely grayed out but unclickable - these are currently not available for streaming and can't be played.

It would be useful if you include a screenshot of how things look on your end. We'll do our best to help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts