Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 16.2

My Question or Issue

The quick scroll bar on the side does not seem to be working on podcasts, no matter how long the episode list is. I have tried updating and reinstalling but to no avail.

22 Replies

Hi there @currybread,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I am using version 8.8.1 on iOS, and I am only using one iPhone 13 with the latest iOS 16.2 update. I have noticed this issue at least since the previous spotify version. I have indicated in the attached photos the bar that I am unable to use to quick scroll, as it does not detect my touch input, but only in podcasts, as it works in music albums.

IMG-1194.jpg
IMG-1195.jpg

Hi @currybread,

Thanks for the response. Please try performing a clean reinstall if you haven't already. If the issue persists, please test if this happens on other devices and if possible, make a new account and see if the behaviour is any different when using that. 

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

Hi, 

The problem still persists.

Hey @currybread,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check if the issue is persistent on a different account? Is it possible for you to check your account on a different iPhone as well?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi,

The problem persists even after logging out and back in.

Thanks

Hey @currybread,

Thanks for the reply.

Would it be possible for you to create a new account for testing purposes and see if the scroll bar is working with the new account on your device? This is an important step as we're currently unable to reproduce the described experience.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi,

I have created an account for testing and yes, the problem still shows up. My finger input simply does not register on the scroll bar for quick scrolling. I should remind you that the problem only shows up in podcast feeds, not albums.

Thanks!

Hey @currybread,

Apologies for the confusion. The quick scroll feature is indeed not available for podcast episodes, so if you'd like to see this implemented, we'd suggest posting it as an idea in the Ideas board.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

The quick scroll feature USED TO WORK WITH PODCASTS! I used it all the time for god knows how long until it suddenly stopped working. It's been months and it still hasn't been fixed.

It's ridiculous that you even suggest we have to ask for it to be implemented since the quick scroll should work EVERYWHERE

IN AN IOS APP. It's how IOS apps ought to work.

I also used to use this feature - it was helpful navigating podcast pages with significant backlogs. I expect some app update broke the integration since it’s a feature used across iOS, and no one has noticed. It’s been broken since at least sometime late in 2022.

This is a bug that is easily reproducable and still hasn't been fixed five months or so later.

I used to be able to swipe through a listing with 200+ podcasts in 1 second with one gesture, now I'm swiping dozens of times to find the podcast I want somewhere in the list. This bug annoys me every day and it still hasn't been fixed.

What a **** company this is.

This needs more attention. It is a simple fix and should be implemented as Spotify as the company itself is trying to promote podcasts to its viewers. 

On IOS at least, the fast scroll bar is not working for podcasts. It still works for music playlists, but not for podcasts. Trust me this is an app software issue and not a thing fixable by the user. Please like this so it can be seen and fixed and if not we can continue to scroll through podcasts like turtles.

Hi there @Longsleeve14,

Thanks for reaching out. Is this only on iOS devices? Could you send us a screen recording showcasing the exact behaviour? We'd be happy to take a look. 

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

This seems to still be an issue. When you hold the scroll bar to enable fast scrolling it seems to work for everything except for podcasts. Can't speak to its functionality on other devices but this seems to currently be an issue on iOS (I have an iPhone XR; in case it's device specific).

Here's screen recording of the issue. In the fist view I'm holding the scroll bar and fast scrolling works. In the second view I am also holding the scroll bar but fast scrolling doesn't enable.

I have iphone 12 so not only for your device

This is still an issue. Exactly as described: the scrollbar does NOT work when browsing PODCASTS. I have to IPhones and this issue is present on both (different accounts).

Is there a current solution?

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Good morning! First time I've encountered this issue and I cannot seem to find a solution in previous posts.

When listening to podcasts, the slider bar has stopped showing progress, and does not allow me to interact with it to skip around. I've tried a clean reinstall, to no avail.

Screenshot_20231113-092006.png
Screenshot_20231113-092011.png

Me too

Suggested posts