Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio keeps crashing

Radio keeps crashing

I've had this problem for close to a month and I have no idea what's causing it. Whenever I click on any of the listed radio stations for example rock my app instantly crashes. Once again I have no idea what's causing this and it's so frustrating when you want to listen/discover new songs
10 Replies

Hello! Welcome to the community!

Did you try a clean reinstallation?

To do that:

• Hold Spotify's icon on the home screen until it starts shaking and tap the small "x" button to delete the app
  • Turn off your device for a few minutes
  • Turn it back on
  • Download Spotify again from the App Store

This hasn't solved my problem the crashing still seems to occur. I can listen to playlists etc fine just all the radio stations instantly turn my screen black then crash

I think it might be because I login using facebook that could possibly be my problem

I made a new account not using a facebook log in and I can use radio stations but I have lost my playlists now. Still curious as to why radios don't work on my main account

This is profile related. I use the app on both my work and personal iPhones. I have cleared cache, logged out, deleted app, rebooted phones. App still closed/crashes with random radio stations when I click 1st or 2nd song. It does start to play , it does not play the list, it will play songs not on list in random order.  Wry frustrating and it’s not the radio station bc I have had others test and it works. 

Hi there @Tech_sts,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

Can you have someone log in with their account on one of your devices - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

Also, can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have not had anyone login but will try before taking the steps in link you provided. Since it happens on two different devices with my profile, do I need to follow steps on both devices? Seems strange I get same error on 2 devices, well actually 3 bc I tried with iPad, with same profile. If/when I follow those steps does it delete my playlist? Or just does it just remove them phone if they were downloaded? Sorry the verbiage confuses me on what’s removed. 

Hey @Tech_sts,

Thanks for the reply.

Your Library including playlists, albums etc. will remain intact. The only thing that gets deleted are songs downloaded for offline listening. They'll automatically re-download once you log in and connect to the internet after reinstalling the app.

Doing a full cache and app data clear is essential with issues like this, as corrupted app data can sometimes cause crashes.

Additionally can you let us know if this happens with Song, Playlist and Artist radios and if it's happening if you play Spotify on your computer or the Web Player.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for late response, but the issue may be resolved by the latest update from about 2 days ago, 3-23-22. I’ve been so busy from work I didn’t get to do any of the steps you recommended. I’ve updated work and personal phone and tried the few Radio stations that crashed the apps and they are now working without error. I will comeback it starts crashing again and run your steps. I am an all day/everyday Spotify user . 

Hey @Tech_sts,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that everything is working normally again 🙂

If the issue does come back, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts