Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Re: Syncing your Local Files

Solved!

Re: Syncing your Local Files

The same thing happens to me - nothing shows up under the "Devices" when I connect my iPhone with a USB cable OR if I connect to the same wifi.  I even turned off the setting that automatically opens iTunes when I plug in my phone, so that iTunes and Spotify don't run at the same time, but my iPhone still doesn't appear under the "Devices" tab, in Spotify... What do I do? 😧

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@brittany_hunter I moved your post out of the ipod topic into its own thread.

Please read the FAQ here on synching your iphone. Note that synching mustt be over Wifi and using a USB connection can actually prevent the synch from working.

If your iphone doesn't show under "devices" in the desktop client, the following steps should help.

• Make sure that spotify on your iphone is not in offline mode
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and security programmes on your desktop
  • Make sure that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Restart the router and your iphone

If you still can't get your iphone to show under "devices", please shout.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@brittany_hunter I moved your post out of the ipod topic into its own thread.

Please read the FAQ here on synching your iphone. Note that synching mustt be over Wifi and using a USB connection can actually prevent the synch from working.

If your iphone doesn't show under "devices" in the desktop client, the following steps should help.

• Make sure that spotify on your iphone is not in offline mode
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and security programmes on your desktop
  • Make sure that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Restart the router and your iphone

If you still can't get your iphone to show under "devices", please shout.

@jwylot , THANK YOU SO MUCH! I followed your directions and all my local files are now synced to my iPhone! 😄 Thaaaaaanks! ❤️

Excellent!

Suggested posts