Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone7

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Starting around yesterday, for some reason my Recently Played list on my iPhone stopped showing up on the homepage? Did I potentially mess something up or did Spotify make another... unwise update? I haven't changes any settings recently, it just stopped showing up out of the blue 😕

10 Replies

Hi frosty_flames_,

Welcome and Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify App? Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

If that doesn't work, can you check your same Spotify accounts on your Computer too, and see if your recently played artists/songs show up from there?

Hope this helps. Looking out for your replies.

Tried the clean reinstall and it's still not showing up :/. On my computer I can still see my recently played. Any other ideas?

Shortly after my last reply, a little clock showed up in the upper right corner, and pressing on it displays a "listening history" of all of the songs and albums I've listened to in chronological order. Is this a replacement for the "recently played" tab?

Hi frosty_flames_,

I believe so.

Have a great day.

This is happening to me to. I hope the little clock "listening history" isn't a replacement, as it's significantly less convenient than just a normal recently played list. Did you ever get an answer?

Hey there @Catiekowaty,

Help’s here!

Can you confirm if you tried the clean reinstall suggested by @Joel-M and how it did go? 

Also, let us know the device and its OS where you experience this, as well as the Spotify app version you're currently using. This will help us take a closer look at the issue.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I'm having the same issue, but I'm not even seeing the little clock icon. Also tried logging in on my brother's phone (he uses Android, I use iOS), and it was somehow still doing the same thing, so it seems to be specific to my profile. Any help would be really appreciated, I use this feature all the time!

Hey @jacksanez,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. Can you send us a screenshot of your brother's home screen and your home screen from the Spotify App? That should help us a little more. Thanks.

Have a wonderful day.

Here you go, I took two from my brother's app, one showing my profile without RP, and one showing his with RP. Thank you for looking into it!

120084509_342728916788859_107711945598857389_n.jpg
120162673_1422127988129346_7132374247199710580_n.jpg
120287467_820979705380346_4883362060485400125_n.jpg

Hey there @jacksanez,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sending us some screenshots.

If you still can't see your Recently Played even after logging in to your Spotify account on your brother's phone, this issue might be account-related. It's good to try logging in with another account on your own device to confirm that. 

If it works with a different account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.  

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply.  

Suggested posts