Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.1

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.1

What's new in this version (0.7.1):

• New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)
  • New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)
  • New: Say hello to our new logo.
  • New: You can now edit your playlists on your iPhone.
  • Improved: We’ve changed the order of the iPhone search tabs. Now it’s Artists, Albums, Tracks. (iPhone/iPod only.)
  • Improved: We’ve moved the … context menu button in the Playlist and Album views to the top right of the screen. It’s better there. (iPhone/iPod only.)
  • Fixed: Ford integration now works correctly when your iPhone/iPod is set to a language other than English.
  • Fixed: In your playlist folders, "All Tracks" will now show you the actual number of tracks.
  • Fixed: We’ve sorted lots of crash issues too.
  • Fixed: The unread messages in your inbox will now update correctly.
  • Fictitious: This app shares 73% of its DNA with bees.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

Community Ergo Sum
41 Replies

Not sure what's new about the ability to edit playlists (it seems unchanged) but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE add (back?) the ability to delete playlists within folders. Many of us never use Spotify on any other platform so this is a huge pain. Thanks.

Will there ever be an update to the app that allows us to clear the cache from the iPhone?

It seems that whenever you download tracks/playlists for 'Offline' and then remove these when you no longer need to listen to them as frequently the data is still saved on the iPhone. After a few months of downloading playlists etc and perhaps having ones saved to cache that you've played before it takes up a rather large amount of space on the iPhone and the only way to get rid of this would be to delete and reinstall the app.

I can see this has been asked for many times before by people on forums but nobody seems to give us a response about it.  I for one would think this would be a MUST have feature.

Also maybe a Shuffle All option for all the playlists that you have (ones in folders and stand alone).  

Marked as solution

Annoying thing is that they have one! Sometimes you can access it using a weird three finger gesture but they won't release it for the public easily for some reason.

But Still Not Turnable:(

What happened to the "Whart's New" buttom where you can find new releases and top lists? (On iPhone)

Indeed, cff. There's nothing new about it, which is why I don't understand why they decided to remove it in the first place. 😕

Wait, you can't quote on these forums?

Ally's

Is offline scrobbling for anyone? Not for md at all.

So has anyone gotten the new Now Playing screen?  Curious as to what it looks like still.

Following this update, spotify on my iPhone 4S no longer stores offline files, When I open the app the only playlist is starred (with no songs).
I now have to go online every time to restore the tracks and play them offline.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Please change back to the old Icon. The new icon isn't cool. Srsly.

@Matt, Are you guessing or do you know this for a fact?

@MattSuda wrote:

The new "Now Playing/Up Next" view is still being rolled out to users over the next few weeks.

It's included with this update, but you won't actually see it until it's rolled out to you.

• New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)

@MartinoBianco: It's rolling out. That's a fact. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Really? Great!

Please, show us.

@MartinoBianco: Nobody knows what it looks like yet. I don't think they have started the roll out process yet.

It would be nice if Spotify would at least show us a screenshot of what it looks like.

Nobody knows when it's coming. I'm actually really dissapointed.

Hopefully we hear some news about it soon. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I was just informed that it should be rolling out "soon". I'm not sure how soon, but it will be rolling out soon. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.  After the latest update on the IOS app I no longer have track information or control the app (like basic forward and back) over bluetooth.  The app was the last thing I changed... Going to see if I link my ipod with the older version of spotify to my headunit to see if it returns or not.  I hope if it is an app problem that is can be reverted because the app just became useless to me without this feature.

edit:  the ipod did work on the older version so I decided to delete the app on my phone and reload it.  That seemed to do the trick incase someone else finds that they have the same issue.

-Thanks

My payment will be rolling out sometime soon.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@MattSuda wrote:

I was just informed that it should be rolling out "soon". I'm not sure how soon, but it will be rolling out soon. 

Everything they do is rolling out "soon".

Like the Collection feature.  6-7 months later...

I really don't get why they announce these features and then take weeks/months to actually let people try it.  Just makes users mad/disappointed.

Hey Spotify! Can you please bring us an option to modify the equalizer? It is really annoying when i'm listening to metal and i can't quite hear the 2nd guitar becouse there's to low mid tune. The equalizer is a very basic tool, and considering we are all paying a suscribtion, you should listen to your customers. // A conserned customer.

When the hell is this 'Up Next' feature ever going to be rolled out? How do you get so lucky to be deemed worthy of actually receiving a feature from 2 months and 3 versions ago?

Suggested posts