Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify app won't open

I have the iPhone 5 and the app still keeps crashing even though the latest twitter update says the problem is fixed. Have tried clean installation and reboot. Help!

• I have the iPhone 5 and the app still keeps crashing even though the latest twitter update says the problem is fixed. Have tried clean installation and reboot. Help!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest IOS update

I noticed when I did the latest IOS update, my playlist and filter looked really good and updated. Now it seems as though the background on the playlist and filter went back to the way it was before I updated to the latest version. Seems odd

• Roadie
  • I noticed when I did the latest IOS update, my playlist and filter looked really good and updated. Now it seems as though the background on the playlist and filter  went back to the way it was b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not starting on iPad

Was working this morning when I was listening to downloaded playlist (was having Internet connections problems this morning, but all back up again now).Now when I use spotify app, page appears then either a) shuts off again, or b) gives message that ...

• Was working this morning when I was listening to downloaded playlist (was having Internet connections problems this morning, but all back up again now). Now when I use spotify app, page appears then...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium not recognized!

My iPhone will not recognize that I purchased premium, I've tried logging out and using the username instead of Facebook login, re launching, and reinstalling the app. HELP!

• My iPhone will not recognize that I purchased premium, I've tried logging out and using the username instead of Facebook login, re launching, and reinstalling the app. HELP!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't stream music on my Ipad evan though I have premium account

Hi, I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify says "....to stream music you need the premium account..." w...

• Hi,   I have premium account. Can play music unlimited on my computer and Black Berry. Bought an Ipad 3, downloaded the Ipad-app, log-in but can't stream music or access my playlists. Spotify ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! premium trial - looking for way to download audible books without disturbing spotify playlists

Hi, I am just trialing the premium package and are looking for a way to still be able to download audible books into my itunes library without disturbing spotify play lists. I currently have spotify downloaded on my laptop and havent sunk it onto my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am just trialing the premium package and are looking for a way to still be able to download audible books into my itunes library without disturbing spotify play lists.  I currently ...
  • pookieh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopped working!

I've been using spotify for months now, I pay for premium, I have it on a few devices. And this morning all the tracks became unavailable and it was the same for all the other devices too. I'm currently using it offline as I'm abroad. The message tel...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify for months now, I pay for premium, I have it on a few devices. And this morning all the tracks became unavailable and it was the same for all the other devices too. I'm curren...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover/Browse Playlists

Hi I have both these features on my iPhone, but neither of these show up on my iPad. Is that the same for everyone, or do some people have these features on their iPad? Thanks Mark

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have both these features on my iPhone, but neither of these show up on my iPad.   Is that the same for everyone, or do some people have these features on their iPad?  ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Whatever happened to that new Now Playing screen?

Announced as part of the latest Spotify update, I still haven't seen this new Now Playing screen. I know it was part of a rollout, but I've yet to even see screenshots of it on the Internet. Has anybody actually gotten this new screen yet?

• Roadie
  • Announced as part of the latest Spotify update, I still haven't seen this new Now Playing screen. I know it was part of a rollout, but I've yet to even see screenshots of it on the Internet. Has anyb...
  • deergomoo
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming in-car via Bluetooth not possible anymore?!

Streaming my offline playlists in any car via Bluetooth used to be one of the best features of Spotify imho.Now that feature has stopped working - tested on 2 iPhones in different cars. Rebooting those devices hasn't helped either.Yet my iPad still c...

• Streaming my offline playlists in any car via Bluetooth used to be one of the best features of Spotify imho. Now that feature has stopped working - tested on 2 iPhones in different cars. Rebooting...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify isn't working on my iPhone 4 after the update

I dont understand whats wrong. I've loged out and back in online. I deleter and re instauled the app and re logged in and nothing happens. DISCOVER comes up, and the little loading wheel then it shuts off.

• Casual Listener
  • I dont understand whats wrong. I've loged out and back in online. I deleter and re instauled the app and re logged in and nothing happens. DISCOVER comes up, and the little loading wheel then it shut...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[ios4] stop playing after 1minute

Hi, Coud you please help me to fix this issue. On my Iphone4 -ios4- since 2 days after 1 minutes the player stop the song and I must manually skip the song to the next one and again the song stop after 1 minute... I use spotify on my Iphone since 6 m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Coud you please help me to fix this issue. On my Iphone4 -ios4- since 2 days after 1 minutes the player stop the song and I must manually skip the song to the next one and again the ...
  • anne10
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crasing right after opening

When I try to open spotify, it appears to be loading (3 dots shows on the screen) for a few seconds and just crashes. Who can help me?

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to open spotify, it appears to be loading (3 dots shows on the screen) for a few seconds and just crashes. Who can help me?
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS Blank screen after clean install of 0.7.4 on ipad 3

I have performed a clean intall of the latest update 0.7.4 on my ipad 3 but when I launch the app I just get a blank white screen with the grey navigation icons down the left hand side. This problem has persisted through the last two releases of the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have performed a clean intall of the latest update 0.7.4 on my ipad 3 but when I launch the app I just get a blank white screen with the grey navigation icons down the left hand side. This problem ...
  • Ndc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sync iphone.

Iphone 5, iOS 6.1.4. Can't sync it. It keeps saying "Can't listen to this track, its not synced blabla.." connect iPhone to computer, "sync all tracks" on Computer spotify. Still doesnt help, availabe offline mode everywhere. It worked recently, unti...

• Regular
  • Iphone 5, iOS 6.1.4.   Can't sync it. It keeps saying "Can't listen to this track, its not synced blabla.." connect iPhone to computer, "sync all tracks" on Computer spotify. Still doesnt he...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to listen offline to downloaded songs on a Ipad, with my unlimited account?

Dear sir/madam, I have an unlimited account on Spotify. Today I payed for 40 downloades songs. I want to download the songs to my Ipad, to play them offline. Is that possible with an unlimited account? It seems I can't tap songs to download them on m...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear sir/madam,   I have an unlimited account on Spotify. Today I payed for 40 downloades songs. I want to download the songs to my Ipad, to play them offline. Is that possible with an unlim...
  • SanneMilt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference off-line synchronization on different devices

im a spotify premium customer with a few playlists registered offline mode on my phone for travel. they have 'unsynced' them selfes and im in indonesia where spotify is not available on line yet so i cant resync but my entire music to travell to has ...

• im a spotify premium customer with a few playlists registered offline mode on my phone for travel. they have 'unsynced' them selfes and im in indonesia where spotify is not available on line yet so i...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Any ETA on when the local file syncing will be fixed?

Any idea when the new spotify app will fix this major bug? I am running ios 7 beta on the iPhone 5, and I sadly have to use the ios 4 or 5 app in order to sync my music. I am hoping a fix for the new spotify app will be released soon as it looks beau...

• Regular
  • Any idea when the new spotify app will fix this major bug?  I am running ios 7 beta on the iPhone 5, and I sadly have to use the ios 4 or 5 app in order to sync my music.  I am hoping a fix...
  • Nicky_Lanzz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search for songs on iPad just hangs

I have a premium account and shortly after I signed up and downloaded the windows app and the iPad app, I was unable to get the iPad search to work. I click on the search button and it just hangs. I can search for songs and build playlists from the w...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account and shortly after I signed up and downloaded the windows app and the iPad app, I was unable to get the  iPad search to work. I click on the search button and it just han...
  • Cindylsg
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes