Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify on iPhone 4S with car USB random disconnects (Opel Insignia and Honda Accord)

I have two cars: Opel Insignia MY10 and Honda Accord MY08. In both cars spotify connected via USB works fine for some time and then from the speakers goes sound like "blip" and the music stops playing. To restore the music, I have to disconnect the c...

• I have two cars: Opel Insignia MY10 and Honda Accord MY08. In both cars spotify connected via USB works fine for some time and then from the speakers goes sound like "blip" and the music stops p...
  • Cnixon19842002
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS 7, spotify update crash

Hi all! I work with iOS 7 and my phone just upgraded spotify automatically (new function). But now the app doesn't open or even finish the installation! The pictogram is dark (like while installing an update) and doesn't react when clicked on. In the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all! I work with iOS 7 and my phone just upgraded spotify automatically (new function). But now the app doesn't open or even finish the installation! The pictogram is dark (like while installing a...
  • Enginepe
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists created on Mac don't push to iOS

Hey support folks! Since i started to use Spotify I am bothered that when i create a playlist on my Mac it is not automatically pushed to my iPhone - I always have to grab my phone force quit of the Spotify app and restart to force a sync of the play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey support folks!   Since i started to use Spotify I am bothered that when i create a playlist on my Mac it is not automatically pushed to my iPhone - I always have to grab my phone force q...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to sync an ipod while also using it as a hotspot?

I'm using an iphone 4s, and it's my only internet connection. I turn the hotspot option on when I need something downloaded onto my computer, but it seems as though I've run into an obstacle when it comes to syncing my device with Spotify. Since the ...

• I'm using an iphone 4s, and it's my only internet connection. I turn the hotspot option on when I need something downloaded onto my computer, but it seems as though I've run into an obstacle when it ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 freezes up when i run

Every time I go for a run it freezes up half way in and i have to turn the phone off and then back on and it works. Also about 1 out 5-6 times i try to listen it refuses to play and i turn the phone off and then back on and it works.

• Regular
  • Every time I go for a run it freezes up half way in and i have to turn the phone off and then back on and it works.  Also about 1 out 5-6 times i try to listen it refuses to play and i turn the ...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is spotify fully compatible with Alpine cde-w235bt

I wanna buy new car receiver and I've looked into the alpine w235bt, does anyone have it and can tell if it works well with spotify and iOS 7? display track ID and let you control spotify through the unit (pause, play, skip)? Or do you have a suggest...

• I wanna buy new car receiver and I've looked into the alpine w235bt, does anyone have it and can tell if it works well with spotify and iOS 7? display track ID and let you control spotify through the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will re-initialize / crash every time it gets interrupted (by a call or otherwise)

Multitasking is not working for me. Say I am listening to an offline playlist (while being online with whatever 3G connection I am having) and I have an incoming call. Even if I answer or not the moment I get back to Spotify it will be at a state lik...

• Multitasking is not working for me.   Say I am listening to an offline playlist (while being online with whatever 3G connection I am having) and I have an incoming call. Even if I answer or ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app not working on iPhone 4s

The spotify app is not working on the iPhone 4s. It opens but nothing loads-it's just a blank gray screen. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app multiple times with no success. I am a premium customer and the only reason I pay $10 dollars a...

• The spotify app is not working on the iPhone 4s.  It opens but nothing loads-it's just a blank gray screen.  I have tried deleting and redownloading the app multiple times with no success.&...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone and "Devices"

Do you need to have the phone connected to the WiFi to have it show up in devices?From what I can see there's no way to sync it like one would do with an iPod (just connect to PC).

• Casual Listener
  • Do you need to have the phone connected to the WiFi to have it show up in devices? From what I can see there's no way to sync it like one would do with an iPod (just connect to PC). 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Hi folks. What's new in this version (0.7.4): New: We're rolling out an entirely new way to Browse music. New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Malay and Greek. Fixed: Bugs and bad things. Updates 2013-09-04 Crashing: We're awa...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hi folks.   What's new in this version (0.7.4):   New: We're rolling out an entirely new way to Browse music. New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Mala...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes
    iOS
    Release Notes
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline not syncing

I have seen plenty of post, and plenty of solutions people have tried to sync their playlist when choosing a playlist to being offline. Before, I could be located anywhere and turn the playlist to offline, and the songs would start syncing. None of m...

• Regular
  • I have seen plenty of post, and plenty of solutions people have tried to sync their playlist when choosing a playlist to being offline. Before, I could be located anywhere and turn the play...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Title

Is there ANY way I can change the names on my Playlists WITHOUT deleting the whole thing or transfer each and every track to a New Playlist? Ugh Ive been with you guys for a year now so I thought that would be available by now. Please let me know if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there ANY way I can change the names on my Playlists WITHOUT deleting the whole thing or transfer each and every track to a New Playlist? Ugh Ive been with you guys for a year now so I thought tha...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

iTouch not syncing

Premium user. First sync to iTouch worked perfectly - well over 1,000 tracks. Added new playlist to PCs, some of the newer playlists sync to the iTouch, some don't. The PC Spotify recognizes the iTouch changes the usage on the iTouch from fully synce...

• Regular
  • Premium user.   First sync to iTouch worked perfectly - well over 1,000 tracks. Added new playlist to PCs, some of the newer playlists sync to the iTouch, some don't. The PC Spotify recogniz...
  • irishspot
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will not sync to iphone

I am currently running: Spotify 7.5.1 on my iPhone 5 6.1.3 Spotify 9.1.57 on Windows 7 I currently have 9.1 GB of free space. I just got Spotify premium because I love the desktop verson. I wanted to be able to have all my music in one place. I can n...

• I am currently running: Spotify 7.5.1 on my iPhone 5 6.1.3 Spotify 9.1.57 on Windows 7 I currently have 9.1 GB of free space.   I just got Spotify premium because I love the desktop ve...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists not sincyng on ipod touch with 18.1 gb free space

Ipod touch 4g not sincyng. Please. Really need some help. I've already re-installed 2 time spotify and th sincyng it still doesn't works.

• Ipod touch 4g not sincyng.   Please. Really need some help. I've already re-installed 2 time spotify and th sincyng it still doesn't works.    
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Could not load artist and album page

Hi, I am premium user, my iphone spotify could not load artist page from yesterday, but steaming is OK. I have reinstalled the app, but still it could not fix the problem. error massage: could not load artist -- this artist is currently unavailable, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am premium user, my iphone spotify could not load artist page from yesterday, but steaming is OK. I have reinstalled the app, but still it could not fix the problem.   error massage: c...
  • WalkAway
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App

I recently had to get my iPhone 5 replaced. I am not able to play any songs on any of my play lists that came from my library. I can only play the songs that were added directly from Spotify. Help!

• I recently had to get my iPhone 5 replaced.  I am not able to play any songs on any of my play lists that came from my library.  I can only play the songs that were added directly from Spot...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Cannot find iPhone

Howdy,Before you give me flak, yes I have searched the forums. As well as many other websites.Spotify will not recognize my iPhone as a device. They are connected to the same network (and via cable), which is set as a home network with the firewwall ...

• Visitor
  • Howdy, Before you give me flak, yes I have searched the forums. As well as many other websites. Spotify will not recognize my iPhone as a device. They are connected to the same network (and via...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my IPod touch doesn't open,nothing happens,help me please

I have Spotify Premium and every time I connect my iPod touch to my computer to move the music and nothing happens, it does not appear the IPOD DEVICESI do not know the reason, already tried several times, please help me to solve this problem,I do no...

• Regular
  •   I have Spotify Premium and every time I connect my iPod touch to my computer to move the music and nothing happens, it does not appear the IPOD DEVICES I do not know the reason,...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Classic & Spotfiy

It is truly ridiculous that Spotify Premium doesn't work with an iPod classic. You've lost my business along with many other people, I'm sure. What's the point in changing this? I distinctly remember the iPod classic syncing with Spotify Premium 1-1....

• Casual Listener
  • It is truly ridiculous that Spotify Premium doesn't work with an iPod classic. You've lost my business along with many other people, I'm sure. What's the point in changing this? I distinctly remember...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes