sync iPhone without WiFi?!

sync iPhone without WiFi?!

Concert Regular
‎2012-07-09 10:56 AM

hello spotify-users,

is there a possibility to sync my iPhone with Spotify without WiFi?!

I mean I have only internet per cabel and portable internet stick! 

9 Replies

Re: sync iPhone without WiFi?!

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2012-07-09 12:45 PM

Just install the desktop client(i.e. Windows or Mac version) on your pc, plug in your phone and sync.

Concert Regular
‎2012-07-09 05:52 PM

I've installed Spotify, but it says also on spotify, that u have to connect computer and iPhone to the same WiFi network to sync it...

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2012-07-10 02:50 PM

Well, I've just been educated and I owe you an apology.

Turns out Wifi is the only way to sync your iPhone with Spotify. Sorry about that.

Music Lover
‎2012-07-31 06:34 AM

Well that sux! Some of us are a little behind the times and do not have wifi because our cable connection performs almost the same job as a wifi connection would.  Here I was a Splendour on the weekend trumpeting Spotify and saying it was pretty darn good.  Glad I only picked up the 30 day free trial.  Why only WiFi ... what is the reasoning behind this?

Edited
Community Legend
‎2012-07-31 06:39 AM

This works on android...

Try tethering your iphone to your computer - it works on my android sometimes :)

Music Fan
‎2013-03-07 04:10 PM

I go to a school that literally does not have or allow wifi because of security restrictions.  thank you US government.  Because of this my phone just downloaded over half a gig of music when i made a playlist "listen to offline".  There needs to be a wifi-less method of syncig the iPhone to your computer when there is a USB connection.  Since that used to be the only way to sync your device I don't understand how that can be that difficult, and why I just paid $10 because spotify destroyed my data usage. 

Music Fan
‎2013-03-12 04:07 AM

agreed. this is sad. not everyone wants or can run wifi. frankly i'd rather be plugged in if possible. it's faster, more reliable, and more secure.

Music Fan
‎2014-01-09 11:59 PM

well that sucks.  Guess there's the reason I am going to keep my itunes playlist on my phone.  

I too am at a University that does has wifi, but doesn't reach my desktop in my office on the top floor where I have to be plugged in via ethernet.  

I also looked up songs that I have locally on spotify to try to add them to my playlist (workaround?) and it just takes my local track on my computer - which I can't sync. so that's really annoying.

What is the point of this?

What a waste of $$ spotify!

Community Legend
‎2014-01-10 10:23 AM

As long as your laptop/desktop has wireless, you should be able to synch to your mobile device by creating an ad-hoc wireless network on your PC and connecting your mobile to that. This post explains how to do this in Windows 7.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

SUGGESTED POSTS