Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sync iPhone without WiFi?!

sync iPhone without WiFi?!

hello spotify-users,

is there a possibility to sync my iPhone with Spotify without WiFi?!

I mean I have only internet per cabel and portable internet stick! 

9 Replies

Just install the desktop client(i.e. Windows or Mac version) on your pc, plug in your phone and sync.

Community Ergo Sum

I've installed Spotify, but it says also on spotify, that u have to connect computer and iPhone to the same WiFi network to sync it...

Well, I've just been educated and I owe you an apology.

Turns out Wifi is the only way to sync your iPhone with Spotify. Sorry about that.

Community Ergo Sum

Well that sux! Some of us are a little behind the times and do not have wifi because our cable connection performs almost the same job as a wifi connection would.  Here I was a Splendour on the weekend trumpeting Spotify and saying it was pretty darn good.  Glad I only picked up the 30 day free trial.  Why only WiFi ... what is the reasoning behind this?

This works on android...

Try tethering your iphone to your computer - it works on my android sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚

I go to a school that literally does not have or allow wifi because of security restrictions.  thank you US government.  Because of this my phone just downloaded over half a gig of music when i made a playlist "listen to offline".  There needs to be a wifi-less method of syncig the iPhone to your computer when there is a USB connection.  Since that used to be the only way to sync your device I don't understand how that can be that difficult, and why I just paid $10 because spotify destroyed my data usage. 

agreed. this is sad. not everyone wants or can run wifi. frankly i'd rather be plugged in if possible. it's faster, more reliable, and more secure.

well that sucks.  Guess there's the reason I am going to keep my itunes playlist on my phone.  

I too am at a University that does has wifi, but doesn't reach my desktop in my office on the top floor where I have to be plugged in via ethernet.  

I also looked up songs that I have locally on spotify to try to add them to my playlist (workaround?) and it just takes my local track on my computer - which I can't sync. so that's really annoying.

What is the point of this?

What a waste of $$ spotify!

As long as your laptop/desktop has wireless, you should be able to synch to your mobile device by creating an ad-hoc wireless network on your PC and connecting your mobile to that. This post explains how to do this in Windows 7.

Suggested posts