Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing airpod switch from spotify to apple music

Removing airpod switch from spotify to apple music

When I take out an AirPod it pauses the music from Spotify and when I put it back in it will start playing a song from my music library open though the app isn’t open.

When i deleted all songs from apple music, its still switch to apple music without playing any songs.

How can i get rid of this and use my airpods with spotify?

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

One thing you can do, only if you don't use apple music, is removing the apple music app. That makes your airpods automatically go to spotify as default music player.

Cheers!
If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Hey, thanks for your help, but this didnt completely solved my problem.

So i deleted my Apple music app.

Now when i take Airpods out my Spotify music pause - like it should.

But when i put them back in, music is still paused and only way to resume my Spotify music is to do it manually on my iphone or apple watch.

I belive there has to be better solution. I hope im not wrong, because this would kinda force me to cancel spotify and go back to Apple music - since i want to keep using my Airpods.

I guess you are on iOS 11. If so, you can go to your settings, bluetooth and then click on the i next to your AirPods. Do two things:

1. In double-tap airpod choose one as play/pause and the other one to your liking.  Now I have mine on skip track. Its very useful. Now when you have your AirPods in your ear, you can double tap the respective AirPod and resume playing.
  2. The problem not resuming, is obviously the automatic ear detection. If its not ticked, then thats the problem. Otherwise untick it, close the settings (double click and swipe up) and then retick it.

Come back to us, to tell us how it goes 🙂Image uploaded from iOS (2).jpg
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Yes, i have iOS 11.0.3.

To your two things.

1.) The double-tap feature doesnt work for me in Spotify at all. it only worked with Apple music. I have no idea why. 😞

2.) I had ticked the automatic ear detection, so i tried to "reset" it exactly the way you described. Unfurtunatelly nothing changed and i have still same issue.

I have no idea whats wrong, but thank you for your time!

Things i also tried and none of them worked:

1. Restarting my iPhone (iPhone 7 32GB - not sure if thats important)

2. Deleted and then downloaded Spotify app again

3. Turning bluetooth off and then on again

4. Disconectin airpods and then conecting them to iphone again.

Not sure what else i can try. But i hope ill save some time to rest of you.

The only thing that comes to my mind now is factory resetting the airpods. 

How to:

1. Forget the airpods from your devices.
  2. Put them into the case.
  3. Whith the lid open, long click the button until the light starts flashing amber. 
  4. After the light has flashed three times, release the button.
  5. Place your airpods next to the phone, with the lid open and reclick the button until the light flashes amber again.
  6. Pair them on the pairing screen that appears on your iphone.

Hope that this worked. Let us know how things work out! Cheers!

Suggested posts