Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 15.3.1

My Question or Issue

The selection for Repeat All (and Repeat 1) in playlists constantly resets to off when selecting a new song in that playlist or when selecting a new song in a different playlist. The issue is only in custom playlists and does not occur when selecting Repeat All in an album tracklist. I’ve tried reinstalling the app, clearing my app cache, and restarting my device, none of which solved the issue. 

3 Replies

Hi there @mostawesomejeff,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let me know what version of the Spotify app you're currently running and when did you first notice this started happening? It tried this on my end, but the Repeat All button stays active when switching between custom playlists.

Note that the Repeat 1 function will reset every time you play a different song, as that's the intended app behavior. Also, the Repeat 1/ all functions will reset after some time when you're not using the app.

Looking forward to your reply, so we can investigate the issue further 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Currently on Spotify version 8.7.78.426. The issue started immediately after updating to this latest version. 

Hey @mostawesomejeff,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, it'll help us a lot if you send us a video recording of the behavior described. This'll help us better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

On another note, keep in mind that as @Alex mentioned above, the Repeat 1 button will always reset when you change the song, even if the song is located on the same playlist. 

Lastly, is this happening if you log in on a different account on the affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open their account and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts