Announcements

Reporting a bug

Reporting a bug

Oonneell
I want to report a bug but this become complicated since i have to go to the website and post on this forum. I would say it would be more convenient to have bug reporting tool on the app.

Actually this is the bug I found:
When encountering an ad, the spotify app become not active again for music controlling through the lock screen and control center.
This is very inconvenient since I have to reopen the app to fix this.
14 Replies

OviiiOne

Hi @Oonneell , welcome to the community!

if you want to report a bug, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

alvyfz

Hi, 

I want to report a bug in client side, in the search page when typing there is no loading but instead it says not found, I think I as a software engineer and also a Spotify user are disturbed by this. maybe it can be changed with the loading icon when retrieving data from each searching letter.

Thanks,

**bleep**

Elena

Hey @alvyfz,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

When I begin typing in the search field I immediately get results for content that might be related, so I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you're describing.

Does this always happen for you, not matter what you're searching for and the internet connection you're using?

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reaper4

Hey 

Just wanted to report that my partner and I's group session has been acting up a lot today and restarting over and over again as well as having a bit of lag in the songs and we've never had this issue with our past group sessions

My_Base_Account_Bug

When i want to connect to my account with my music in spotify say my acount doenst exist and i cant play my music .

And when i want to connect to my Email account spotify make me a new account .

My account : The Dead Guy

I made phonk .

dee-loves-dogs

Whenever i try to play music, it works and then doesn’t. I will try to explain this in as much detail as possible. 

I open app > play song > song plays > after song is finished it glitches the entire app out > no more music unless i restart the app > restart the app > repeat 

I’ve checked my wifi, and there was a problem with it. However it also now happens using mobile data and when it only happened after 10 minutes it now happens after the duration of a song. I think this is a problem within the app, as i’ve checked my phone settings and cleared cache of the app, updated it, reinstalled it, etc. I’m a premium user as well, so i really hope spotify can figure out if it is an internal bug or not. My wifi currently isn’t working and so i’m using mobile data. It still doesn’t work. 

Dian

Hey @dee-loves-dogs,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share the device setup details you have? We need the brand/model and operating system together with the Spotify app version you're using.

Does the issue occur on other devices as well or with a different account on your device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

dee-loves-dogs

Hey,

My phone model is the iPhone XR, the software version is iOS 15.6. The version of Spotify I have as of today is version 8.7.55. 

I have Spotify installed on my laptop as well, the operating system is windows 11. It does not work on there either, and I have the latest version of it installed. 

I recently spoke to an advisor using the Spotify support chat and they cleared my cache for my account, told me to reinstall the app and restart my device, but it still didn’t help. I have tried possibly everything but the app just keeps glitching out like this. 

It used to be just using my WiFi, until I used mobile data and it still kept happening. 

LolaM1

Hello. I’m experiencing the same issue. For me the issue started as soon as I linked my Spotify account with the echo dot 4th generation. Since then here are the issue I’m having:

- when listening Spotify on the echo dot the volume pop up keeps coming turning up and down without me actually doing anything. This does not actually change the volume on the echo but it’s just the pop up that does it on my phone screen which changes my notifications and calls sounds for example. 
- if I stop a song from my phone the echo does not respond and the music carry on playing. 
- when playing music from my phone or via headphones, only one or a couple of songs play, then the music stop and no controls on Spotify works. I have to clear the app, reopen it and click on the song I want to play.

as I said I never had any of those problems before and everything seems to have started when I connected Spotify to the echo dot 4th generation. 

AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

@dee-loves-dogs just to confirm, is this happening on another mobile device at this moment? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. 

Also, is this happening if you login with another account on your iPhone? You can create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there. You can use your mobile device to do this. Let us know how it goes. 

@LolaM1it'd be awesome if you could check if this is happening with another mobile device. As suggested, you can ask for the mobile device from a friend or relative to check if the inconvenience persists there.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

dee-loves-dogs

I used my mom’s android phone to check, and it seems that it is only happening on iPhones. My dad’s iPhone (iPhone XR iOS 15.6) also had the same problem as I did. It happens on his account, a free version, as well as my premium account. One thing worth noting is that it’s on and off. Sometimes it will work fine but others the app completely freaks out, I thought it was my wifi but I have most of my songs downloaded so it should play while offline anyway. 

Thanks for your response,

Dee

dee-loves-dogs

By the way, this is all I see for about a minute until the app freezes. 

722BC158-E5C4-452B-A12C-F68566BF9B60.png

AC7C5536-2FA2-4F9D-A10C-60AC9D894834.png

A8F6D7F8-68A1-45A3-93B6-17C1B4F34248.png

Eni

Hey @dee-loves-dogs,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is your dad using the same internet connection or is it a different one (different provider)?

On another note, would you mind trying if the same happens with different streaming apps as well?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

dee-loves-dogs

He was using the same WiFi as me, but a different provider. I use Sky and he uses Vodafone I think. It doesn’t happen across other streaming devices, which is why I tend to switch to YouTube if Spotify starts playing up again. I’ve been having this issue for a few days now. 

Suggested posts

Env: prod