Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse order issue in Mercedes

Reverse order issue in Mercedes

When I play Spotify  through my iPhone in the car it quite often decides to go through the playlist in the reverse order that has been playing outside of the car. This means I hear all the most recent songs again in reverse order... very annoying! I'm not using CarPlay, I'm playing from the native app on the phone and controlling with the wheel on the Merc centre console.

Anyone else get this? Any fix out there?

Details: Mercedes C300, iPhone X on latest OS, latest Spotify Premium non-family version, UK location

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest checking and installing for any updates available for your iOS, Spotify app and any firmware update for your Mercedes 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

It seems to do it anytime. Thanks for the try though!

I have a similar issue. Also tried restarting/reinstalling the app now, but this doesn't help.

When I play any playlist through carplay, it shows the playlist in the correct sorting, but it plays it in the opposite direction. How is it possible that nobody at spotify is testing these builds and concluding these problems? I have my playlists all sorted by date to make sure I always hear my newest songs by default, when I play song #1, it just stops after that song because it thinks it's done. When I start with song #2, it then plays song #1 after that and then stops.

Suggested posts