Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Running update available, but not Shows

Solved!

Running update available, but not Shows

So I've been waiting for the podcast update for Spotify, and haven't seen it anywhere on my dashboard so I figured it was a gradual rollout. But the Running update is now available on my app. Is anybody else missing the "Shows" update? I'm on an iPhone 6 with up-to-date iOS 8.3.

IMG_1766.png
IMG_1767.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Many thanks.

iPad - strange that, as I have seen it on Android tablets. As a long standing Premium subscriber, I would like to see this advanced.

iPhone - yes the deinstall/reinstall worked, thanks. Pleased to see I can stream the video, and don't have to compromise my eyes!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have it now.

@julionigs wrote:
It's been more than seven months and still nothing.

View solution in original post

32 Replies

What Spotify app version do you have? I have an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.3, running Spotify version 3.2.0.1554, but I don't have the running option yet. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, powering down the phone, etc., but I can't seem to get the running function. And I wasn't even aware there was going to be a "shows" update...

Same version. I'm guessing they're gradually rolling both out.

Have you received the "Shows" update yet?  I have the same issue..  Running is there, but not Shows.  Anyone else have Shows?

No "shows" feature here either. I'm on Spotify version 3.4.0.684 with iOS 8.4 on an iPhone 6 Plus. I do have the running function now though 🙂

Same boat here on my iP6+. No shows or Now options in the menu.

However, on my wifes iPhone6 (non Plus), she has the new look.

Spotify Now (including the shows and what not) is only available in US, UK, Germany and Sweden.

Spotify Running is available to everyone.

@swanny I'm in the US and don't have Spotify Now. You would think a company raking in $200 million a month could figure out how to manage their product.

Well, I am in the US, and I still have the old interface. That is why I was posting here.

I am also in the US.  I have an older phone (iPhone 5) so I thought maybe that had something to do with it, but apparently not.  I'm not really in a huge rush to get the new features, but I just wish we weren't left in the dark about it.

Am in the US, have an iPhone 5 running Spotify V 3.5.0.1069 and iOS 8.4.  Got Running a long time ago but am really waiting for the SHOWS option.  Is there some Spotify version number I should be looking for? 

The short answer is no, these features are tied to your user account and not to the software version. You can have the same version as the person next to you, but not have the same features. I asked spotify this:

"Hello, I understand that Spotify is rolling out its new features, such as shows, to its customers. My question is, why does Spotify have to roll out these features to individuals? Why are they not made available to everyone at once? Spotify seems to be the only company that takes this route when pushing out updates, and it’s very frustrating for the community of users. Can you tell me exactly why Spotify uses this method, allowing access to specific user accounts, instead of simply including the feature in its app updates? An answer to this question would really help Spotify community members to understand why the person sitting next to them has a specific feature, when they do not."

And they answered with this:

"We do this so we can pick up on anything that needs to be improved as quickly as possible with as little damage to our users as possible."

Sounds like BS to me. Maybe some day they'll get it together.

Actually blackhawk, the way spotify does it is probably smart.

I work for a software company and we do the same thing, sort of.

We give our software to a select few hospitals for "client validation" before making the software generally available.

If spotify just dumped the new version on their entire subscriber list, chaos may ensue with the amount of bug reports, etc, that come in.

This makes it easier to manage.

Of course, it has been a while now and I still dont have the updated interface. LOL.

Hi there, 

I know a lot of people are in the same boat. I am one of the lucky ones who got the update super early and have been using it for a long time now. However my partner is all up tp date to the same versions as me and she is not getting the new features, just like a lot of other people. 

I think we all know why some peoeple are not getting the update,. I think the real question is WHEN will this be resolved. There are users out there that are paying the same price as me for a premium subscription and they are not getting updates. 

(Future suggestion for Spotify: Allow all users on premium to opt in and out of the update. Not just a select few. 

I have given up on the Shows update ever getting to my phone.

It's been two months and still no update here.

Same here, I've lost interest in it already haha.  Did anyone else get the update yet?

I'm there with you.  I'm all for a safe software rollout, but this has got to be the longest software rollout I have ever personally seen.  The thing is...they take credit for rolling out these features and also market them.  Anyway, I generally understand a gradual rollout, but this is rediculous unless they've had major issues with the features.  Hey, in the end it's just a music player.... not the end of the world...but I do pay for a 3-family-member subscription and want to enjoy the features they're promoting.  Spotify, I really do recommend considering a different approach in the future.  Can you please communicate when everyone might have the features by so we have freakin' idea?

Running iPhone 5C, iOS 9 BETA and I can see Spotify Running. 

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

I have Spotify Shows and I've had it for a while now. I guess it's like Blackhawk said and it's just a select few who get it, like beta testers or something. Anyway, it's not that big a deal I rarely use it so you guys aren't missing out on much no worries.

Still no shows for me.

How long of a roll out IS this exactly?  Lord...

Suggested posts