Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Running update available, but not Shows

Solved!

Running update available, but not Shows

So I've been waiting for the podcast update for Spotify, and haven't seen it anywhere on my dashboard so I figured it was a gradual rollout. But the Running update is now available on my app. Is anybody else missing the "Shows" update? I'm on an iPhone 6 with up-to-date iOS 8.3.

IMG_1766.png
IMG_1767.png
32 Replies

Well longer than 4 months I guess since it was announced on May 20th.

If only the NFL started on May 20th as well, since we'd be getting ready for the playoffs at this point.

Or if the Walking Dead started on May 20th, we would know if Rick and company survived another season.

I guess the real answer is that the rollout will complete somewhere between May 20th and Never.

My wife has had this update for months.

I am STILL waiting 5 onths later.

Its not the only change either.  A LOT of her iOS app looks different than mine.  Only difference is she is on iP6 and I am on iP6+

6 Months later and still no new features that my wife has had for months. 

What on earth?

Nothing here either. I don't understand it!

6 months since the announcement and it's still not live for most users.  No NOW or SHOWS, feels like a bait and switch at best, a scam at worst.  It was convienetly announced right before Apple Music went live and since then, radio silence.

You were able to add the concerts feature and get the integration with Nike working since then, why is this feature not ready yet? 

It's been more than seven months and still nothing.

Just coming to this thread, and am a bit mystified. On iPad, none of the new features show, but on iPhone 5 with the same account, I do have Running and Shows. However, clicking Shows generates an error message Couldn't open link. Spotify can't open this type of link on this device.  Comments re the user account don't therefore seem to be justified in practice, and why can't the link open when shown?

Hi @Martinait, Running and Shows are not available for iPad at present.

On your iPhone, can you please try reinstalling the app and let us know if the issue is still occurring?

Marked as solution

Many thanks.

iPad - strange that, as I have seen it on Android tablets. As a long standing Premium subscriber, I would like to see this advanced.

iPhone - yes the deinstall/reinstall worked, thanks. Pleased to see I can stream the video, and don't have to compromise my eyes!

Glad the iPhone is sorted @Martinait!

Curious though, what benefit is there to having Running available for Android tablets? I couldn't imagine going for a run with my iPad!

Apologies for the delay in responding.  Yes, I can see that issue - mind you, it is not as if I am going to run off anywhere, carrying any device!  I was simply using Running as an indicator - if  this is *never* going to be on the iPad, that is not going to be a loss!  Thanks.

So, I uninstalled the app from my iPhone 6s+ and reinstalled.

I had the running option in my menu for a few days and then it vanished.

I have given up on having the running feature at this point.

Marked as solution

I have it now.

@julionigs wrote:
It's been more than seven months and still nothing.

Suggested posts