Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Disabling Shuffle is impossible!

Hello! I can not use Spotify anymore because of the dumb Shuffle function. I can bot disable it, because it says when I'm trying it: 'You discovered a premium feature. Do you want to buy premium?' How can I deactivate it? And please don't tell me I'v...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I can not use Spotify anymore because of the dumb Shuffle function.    I can bot disable it, because it says when I'm trying it: 'You discovered a premium feature. Do you ...
  • Madpfc
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical sorting in album view broken in 3.4.0

Upon updating to Spotify 3.4.0, I noticed that alphabetical sorting of albums, by artist or title, no longer works correctly. Neither killing/restarting the app nor deleting/reinstalling it has any effect. This is on iOS 8.3. This is when sorting by ...

IMG_1489.jpg IMG_1490.jpg IMG_1491.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Upon updating to Spotify 3.4.0, I noticed that alphabetical sorting of albums, by artist or title, no longer works correctly. Neither killing/restarting the app nor deleting/reinstalling it has any e...
  • corejason35
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes

Offline/Playlist sync does not function.

Using iPhone 6+ (latest version)Spotify is on latest version I believe (5.0.0.992) Recently added just 4 songs to my custom Playlist which currently has 333 songs, I accidently hit the offline mode switch on the phone and now it doesn't download anyt...

• Casual Listener
  • Using iPhone 6+ (latest version) Spotify is on latest version I believe (5.0.0.992)   Recently added just 4 songs to my custom Playlist which currently has 333 songs, I accidently hit the off...
  • NYCulture
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash - iphone 6 - online

Hi,I'm experiencing a lot of spotify crashes : the app just shuts down and brings me back to the main screen of my iphone.I've noticed that the issue happens ONLY when I'm connected to 3G/4G or wifi. The apps remains stable when I'm on the plane mode...

• Hi, I'm experiencing a lot of spotify crashes : the app just shuts down and brings me back to the main screen of my iphone. I've noticed that the issue happens ONLY when I'm connected to 3G/4G or w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify crash
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications not working

Why do I not receive notifications for new followers to playlists, have all notifications set up right so don't understand why not working. mostly use Spotify on IOS but not always

• Roadie
  • Why do I not receive notifications for new followers to playlists, have all notifications set up right so don't understand why not working. mostly use Spotify on IOS but not always
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No 7-day trail

So I made a new Spotify and iTunes account because they got hacked on the same device and I don't get a trail pop up its strange can some one help?

• So I made a new Spotify and iTunes account because they got hacked on the same device and I don't get a trail pop up its strange can some one help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is not working in my new Iphone

Hello I have just bought a new Iphone, and when trying to open Spotify a message appears on the screen saying 2you have already created an account with that email account". What can I do? Thank you

• Hello   I have just bought a new Iphone, and when trying to open Spotify a message appears on the screen saying 2you have already created an account with that email account". What can I do?&nb...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Local Files default playlist seems to be completely broken.

The Local Files default playlist seems to be completely broken for me on my iPhone 6s. When I first used the Local Files playlist a few years ago to sync some local files I had on my desktop to my phone, the effort was minimal and the sync was flawle...

• Casual Listener
  • The Local Files default playlist seems to be completely broken for me on my iPhone 6s.   When I first used the Local Files playlist a few years ago to sync some local files I had on my de...
  • rosgood2360
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Disabled repeat function

Hello everybody. I got the problem that with every app update I have to renew the repeat function in all of my playlists. This is incredible annoying.The updates don't delete my offline music so why in the world is it impossible to do this with my re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody.   I got the problem that with every app update I have to renew the repeat function in all of my playlists.   This is incredible annoying. The updates don't delete my o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problema iPhone 6 aggiornamento

L'app su iPhone 6 è in aggiornamento da 4 giorni, quindi non si può usare e non può nemmeno essere eliminata. Quando provo ad aggiornarla manualmente sull'App store si blocca alla fine, quindi resta in aggiornamento. Attendo supporto grazie!

• L'app su iPhone 6 è in aggiornamento da 4 giorni, quindi non si può usare e non può nemmeno essere eliminata. Quando provo ad aggiornarla manualmente sull'App store si blocca alla fine, quindi resta ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Downloading Songs for Offline

App will not download songs over WIFI but is able to download over cellular.Have reinstalled app, signed out everywhere, removed all devices....

• App will not download songs over WIFI but is able to download over cellular. Have reinstalled app, signed out everywhere, removed all devices....
  • troutscout
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't dowload songs to my Ipod

I have downloaded songs offline to my ipod before (I'm a pay for a sub). When I try to download an album of line now, it doesn't download the songs, I have avalaible offline setted so it's green and below that it says Waiting to download. please help...

• Regular
  • I have downloaded songs offline to my ipod before (I'm a pay for a sub).  When I try to download an album of line now, it doesn't download the songs, I have avalaible offline setted so it's gree...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will spotify work on Ipod Nano Gen 6

I am thinking of upgrading from my mp3 player to an Ipod, and I really like the small size of the nano, however when I looked up if it works I get posts from 2012 saying it does not. Have they fixed this, or is gen 6 nano sol. If gen6 doesn't work I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am thinking of upgrading from my mp3 player to an Ipod, and I really like the small size of the nano, however when I looked up if it works I get posts from 2012 saying it does not. Have they fixed ...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Spotify Connect Devices

Hi I have a spotify connect speaker device at both Home and Work, i have found out that i can control the speaker at work even when im not on the same wifi due to it being conencted to the internet. Is there anyway to prevent his speaker coming up in...

• Hi   I have a spotify connect speaker device at both Home and Work, i have found out that i can control the speaker at work even when im not on the same wifi due to it being conencted to the i...
  • TheCokebear
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Music

I just bought an Ipad Mini. In trying to upload Spotify music/albums, I duplicated some of the albums, music. Et. How can I delete the entire album on my Sonos Favorites and Sonos playlist? Basically, want to start over without the duplications.

• I just bought an Ipad Mini.  In trying to upload Spotify music/albums, I duplicated some of the albums, music.  Et.  How can I delete the entire album on my Sonos Favorites and Sonos p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics on Spotify Mobile

I just update the app for IOS and when sliding my finger down the picture of the album it used to show the lyrics, now it wont , now I slide down and goes to the previous screen or the back menu. Is there a new way to see the song lyrics on the app ?...

• I just update the app for IOS and when sliding my finger down the picture of the album it used to show the lyrics, now it wont , now I slide down and goes to the previous screen or the back menu. &n...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone. ipad
    lyrics
    Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP CRASHING MULTIPLE TIMES

The app would not open for me at all today. I tried restarting my phone, restarting the app, everything and everytime it would open with the logo screen for a few seconds then close out back to the homescreen. I tried at least 20 times. If I'm paying...

• Casual Listener
  • The app would not open for me at all today. I tried restarting my phone, restarting the app, everything and everytime it would open with the logo screen for a few seconds then close out back to the h...
  • jlz19
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Music] Ability to make "Your Music" available offline on desktop client

I am using Spotify Premium on both on my desktop (Win7) and iPhone 6. When I save or delete albums on my Your Music on the dektop client (note that it is not off-line, everything is online), the changes are not reflected on the iPhone client. I canno...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify Premium on both on my desktop (Win7) and iPhone 6.  When I save or delete albums on my Your Music on the dektop client (note that it is not off-line, everything is o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Beta testing Spotify

2014.11.07 Applications for the Spotify for iOS beta are now open For more info and to apply look to your right and find the header called "Beta test Spotify for iOS".This is a copy of this original post.

• Spotify Legend
  • 2014.11.07 Applications for the Spotify for iOS beta are now open For more info and to apply look to your right and find the header called "Beta test Spotify for iOS". This is a copy of this ...
  • nschwend76
  • Regular
  • 127 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 127 replies
  • 3 likes

i cant sync music offline

It won't work, its taking like 30 minutes to download one song offlineits an iphone 6s+ on latest iosany tips? tried wifi and 4g....

• It won't work, its taking like 30 minutes to download one song offline its an iphone 6s+ on latest ios any tips? tried wifi and 4g....
  • ufkknt
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes