Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify causing other apps to crash or not open

Spotify causing other apps to crash or not open

iOS
Will either keep apps from opening or will crash everything. Once it froze the screen in diagonal and could not reboot. Took a while but it worked itself out. Still keeps crashing tho.
5 Replies

@Abooza69 wrote:
iOS
Will either keep apps from opening or will crash everything. Once it froze the screen in diagonal and could not reboot. Took a while but it worked itself out. Still keeps crashing tho.

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried a clean reinstall?

Bear in mind if you have lots of playlists with lots synced, it can be quite CPU intensive; and if spotify fills up all the RAM on the iDevice, then it will automatically close another app you try to launch due to insufficient ram available.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks! Yes I have done that. I don't have any playlists on this and it's a 32G, but I will try again. Just gets annoying when I'm working on something while listening and it crashes cause I open another app. For now I will reinstall when it happens.
Thanks again!

Deleted, reinstalled, twice. Still causing other apps to crash. Cannot keep playing Spotify if I want to do anything else. This is rediculouse.

It even crashes Safari!

Hello, I know the topic is 3 years old but I have the same issue with iOS 9.3.1 (iPhone 6, 64 GB) and Spotify 5.5.0, both in German. Any news how to solve the issue without a reboot of the phone?

It's really a frustation because no deinstallation solves the issue. A reboot of the phone is required, after that the others apps are working for some time until they will crash again (e.g. the LinkedIn app). I'm sure it's the Spotify app because if I remove Spotify (after a reboot) other apps are working well for weeks. If I reinstall and reuse Spotify I have the same issue. Not immediately but after some time. 😞

Suggested posts