Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below).  I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and would rather run Spotify with the options to use the SONOS speakers.

There was a recent SONOS firmware upgrade, but this just came out of nowhere this morning.

There seem to be quite a few posts about this on the community pages here, but no solutions.

To **bleep** this in the bud: I have reinstalled Spotify on a few devices, and yes I am on the same WiFi network.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Device

(iPhone 8, iPad Pro 2017, Macbook Pro early 2020)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

I have this issue constantly. I wish they would add something to push them to be rediscovered as it seems pretty random when it does actually see them for me.

Spotify integration with Sonos is terrible and always has been. They need to fix it.
For me the spotify app loses any speakers that the sonos app is controlling, i.e I've been in and grouped with another speaker/room. Or I've asked Alexa to play some music. I often have to go into the Sonos app and end the session on speakers so that they appear in Spotify again. Doesn't always work tho.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. If that doesn't help, you can try re-linking your account in the Sonos app.

If the issue persists, you can try with another network. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It did not help. The moment I choose a Sonos speaker in Spotify, all other Sonos speakers disappear in Spotify.

Hey there @Freddywright

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

For me I turn off wifi on the phone and back on and then speakers pop back in, this is consist-ant across  many iPhones in the home, i have started to use more airplay that shows always

Hey @haffioconnor,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your phone? Also, check if there are pending firmware updates available for your speakers.

On another note, tell us if the issue started after a recent software update or network update. 

Lastly, let us know if this happens when using a different WiFi network (if possible).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your phone? Iphone 12 , All ios versions later 2 years. and the newest one.

Also, check if there are pending firmware updates available for your speakers.  ( No pending fw are needed ) 

On another note, tell us if the issue started after a recent software update or network update. This has always been there and is on more networks then just mine, and also happens on more iphones in the home. I have lots of Sonos Speakers they all do no show up sometimes in the Spotify app. However the fix is disable wifi and enable a again, seams like Cache issue, Airplay works fine.

Lastly, let us know if this happens when using a different WiFi network (if possible). Yes it does.

Hey @haffioconnor,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if this happens on different devices as well (such as PCs)?

On another note, we suggest that you unplug your router for a couple of minutes > plug it back to check if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Nope just on wifi and apple devices.

rebooting router had no affect,

its like the spotify app looses its cache of speaker list from the multicast list.

Hey @haffioconnor,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared. 

To continue investigating your case, would you mind including the exact OS version of your iPhone, along with the Spotify version you're currently running?

It would also be great if you could record a short video where we can see the behavior you're mentioning? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it). This will give us a better look at your issue. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

https://youtube.com/shorts/qFv6UN904Gc?feature=share

version 8.7.47.1678

os

15.5 (19F77)

Hey @haffioconnor,

Thank you for the provided video!
For some reason, the app might not work ideally with so many Connect devices, at least this seems to be the case with iOS. 
This is something we'll work on improving in the future, but, unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe for a fix yet. The right folks are notified and it will get looked into.
We'd recommend using the Wi-Fi workaround and keeping the app up to date in the meantime 🙂
Thanks for understanding.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts