Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching and trying to play a song in my playlists when connected to Amazon Echo Show 5

Solved!

Searching and trying to play a song in my playlists when connected to Amazon Echo Show 5

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XS Max 

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

After searching for a song in my playlists, when connected to my Amazon echo devices using the “Listening On” feature, if and when I try to select that song to play, nothing happens. This requires me to put it in queue and then press skip to next song in order to play the song I’d like to play right now. 

23 Replies

Understood, but then that doesn’t explain why the issue persisted when I created a free account for Canada as such. Cause at that point in time, both my Alexa and Spotify accounts were Canadian. Any ideas? 

Hey @Neville999,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

In this case, it's worth getting in touch with our Support team so they can take a look at your account to check if everything is ok with it. You can do so through any of these channels.

We hope it gets sorted out. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Due to being busy I wasn't able to contact the support channels, however I am pleased to announce that I have since updated Spotify to version 8.6.10.575 and that issue no longer exists. Thanks again everyone for all your correspondence. 

Hey @Neville999,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for your again 🙂

Let us know if anything comes up.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts