Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Hello! I haven't found this answer on the web so I think this might be a new suggestion. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm on the iOS mobile app, and I can't seem to share a song with my friends that have a Spotify account but not a Facebook. (I can do this on the desktop version just fine, but not the mobile.) I don't mean emailing or texting them, I mean that I can't send them a song directly in Spotify to their Spotify inbox. When I go to Share and then Spotify People, none of my friends' usernames show up. I theorize that this is because they don't have Facebook accounts.

Will someone at Spotify make sending Spotify users over mobile possible? Or maybe just to people who follow you? ...maybe you could separate people/artists you "follow" from your friends and create an exclusive "friends" list?

Thank you for your help and consideration!
--Katherine (RockingRoyalty)

107 Replies

hey everybody! OP here! it's nearing on the three year anniversary of this topic!! please, please, please, can someone get on this? i'm frustrated that this is still an issue, especially when i have been purchasing spotify premium for three whole years. thanks to everyone who's commented/kudos'd/pushed this post on its way to being resolved. ❤️ can we get another update or some acknowledgement?? thanks, everybody!

2016: Spotify battles Apple but does still not support Social Listening. Come on!
I convinced so many people to listen via Spotify but afterwards I have always to tell "Yeah - you'll need a Facebook Account for sharing". Social Listening should be a Nr1-feature (and also one to be distinctive from competitors!!!)

The fact that we can't share a song with non facebook users is so annoying! I've been on Premium for so long, used to share music and messages with non facebook users and the feature is gone for like a year now. Can you please do something for it? Give us at least an update or something.  😞 Is it ever coming back? 

I can't like (or agree with) this post enough. 

same issue

same problem - the solution posted by Spotify doesn't seem to work

Spotify-01.png
Spotify-02.png
Spotify-03.png

I think it’s time for Spotify to outgrow Facebook.
At this point - an integration helps.
But Mandatory integration is holding you back.

Many music lovers - I would think - fall on the personal side of the privacy line.
I don’t need Mark Zuckerberg and his friends - to know what I am listening to with my friends 🙂

I also had contact with their Twitter team regarding this problem. It works on the Desktop versions for me, but on the iPhone. Still hope they outgrow Facebook in the future.

Do more!

How does it work for you? I can't even find the user if they haven't linked their account with fb and they aren't following. 

When I type my friends' username in the search bar in "send to" it finds all of them.
Do more!

Ok does this only work if they have followed you back?

Yes, only works for people that also follow me.

But I guess that how it is supposed to be, otherwise you could just spam everybody.

Do more!

Works for me on the Desktop as well.  Would love to have this feature on my phone.  I've been a long time spotify premium user, but I'm considering trying itunes out for a trial and then talk my friends into using that instead.  Most of my friends are on my family plan anyway.

Would love that, too and please not just on iOS. Android-App has the same problem.

I feel like this should be at THE TOP of the suggestion board. Seems lie you can't do ANYTHING unless you have Facebook. Not everyone has or wants a fb account yet these companies allow it to run every thing. You can't make a move without being linked to fb.

Please consider fixing this. I too would be willing to pay to be able to share/send songs within Spotify to my follower(s).

Have been saying this for so long.

I'm starting to think that spotify is getting a kick-back from facebook in some way.

Nothing else makes sense.

If anyone is wondering it is the same with Android as well.

Are you going to have this option available without a facebook account from cellphone? I really use the app a lot and it´s frustrating not having the way to share a song to spotify contacts directly using the mobile.

I happily pay the membership but this issue makes me doubt to cancel it and see other options in the market.

Will this feature ever be added (back again?) to mobile apps. It is extremely frustrating to only be able to share stuff with non-facebook linked users via desktop app only. 

I'm still waiting on this.

IMO Spotify's biggest flaw is their overly tight integration into facebook.

I'm thinking that they must make a lot of money from this somehow?  Otherwise, bio-link the health of your business to that of another?  

It is time to swim on your own Spotify - don't be a symbiotic Remorrah to Facebooks dying shark!

Suggested posts