Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing to Instagram Not Working??

Solved!

Sharing to Instagram Not Working??

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I have been able to link and share things from Spotify to my Instagram Story in the past no problem, but now when I try to hit share and then share to Instagram Stories in Spotify, it switches over and pops up with a login screen on Instagram and makes me sign in. When I sign in (even though I’m already signed in and shouldn’t have to sign in again) it stops the process of bringing the link up as an Instagram post ready to share. It just doesn’t do anything at that point and just leaves me on my Instagram profile page. Help? How can I fix this so that I can successfully share things again? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MCMR & @elaine1035_, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Both, Spotify and Instagram, are working to get this sorted out for everyone.

Please be patient.

Thanks and have a great day! 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies

me too

facing a same problem!

Device Iphone 6

IOS 12.01

Already reinstall Spotify and Instragram

but still can't share the music

Sorry to hear that you have the same problem! I'm a musical artist so I really need to be able to share Spotify links to Instagram 😞 I'm really hoping that someone has a solution for us soon!

Marked as solution

Hey @MCMR & @elaine1035_, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Both, Spotify and Instagram, are working to get this sorted out for everyone.

Please be patient.

Thanks and have a great day! 🙂

I’ve had this same problem as well. Is there any way to fix it?

Is this sill not fixed yet? It’s been going on for me too for well over a week. Super annoying. 

Having the same problem here, it worked just fine for me in the past... I already updated both of the apps, logged off and in again and still not working.

Iphone 5s

IOS 11.4.1

Same here. This just sucks.

It`s not life-threatening-like, but it annoys me.

Was so happy to finally support my favourite artists by sharing their music as well and now this bug appears and doesn´t seem to be fixed. 

COME ON Spotify and Facebook.

Do sth. 

I actually just saw that Instagram had an update today and it totally fixed it after I updated! Hopefully that works for u toooooo. I’m obsessed with this feature.

Just saw the update while i read your response. Now it works fine.

**bleep** yeah 😄

YASSSSSSSSSSS 🤟🏽🎧🎉

It's working now after the Instagram app update! Thanks!

Don't working too for me 😞

Hey folks,

Just to confirm that this issue has now been resolved - you can see the thread here.

Thanks for your patience on this! If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure you've updated your Instagram and Spotify apps to the lastest versions.

Stay awesome 🙂

this is not working again.

getting the "Oops something went wrong, please try again later." error message.

I talked to support who had me clear cache and i've unistalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.

iphone x 12.1.1

latest versions of instagram and spotify

Suggested posts